Rez-man waves Sega goodbye
Gamesindustry.biz yesterday reported that the creator of Sega's Rez Tetsuya Mizuguchi has parted company with the publisher after it took the decision to close his in-house development team. Mizuguchi created such sterling examples of Japanese innovation as Rez and Space Channel 5, but neither proved a commercial hit and it now appears this may have been the driving force behind Sega's decision to axe his team.
The Sega veteran of fourteen years witnessed his team's integration with the Sonic Team, and now claims that he is happy to be free to explore more creative ideas at whatever new role he finds for himself. Mizuguchi is believed to be seeking a new gaming opportunity as we speak.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey