Rez-man waves Sega goodbye
Gamesindustry.biz yesterday reported that the creator of Sega's Rez Tetsuya Mizuguchi has parted company with the publisher after it took the decision to close his in-house development team. Mizuguchi created such sterling examples of Japanese innovation as Rez and Space Channel 5, but neither proved a commercial hit and it now appears this may have been the driving force behind Sega's decision to axe his team.
The Sega veteran of fourteen years witnessed his team's integration with the Sonic Team, and now claims that he is happy to be free to explore more creative ideas at whatever new role he finds for himself. Mizuguchi is believed to be seeking a new gaming opportunity as we speak.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi