Rez-man waves Sega goodbye
Gamesindustry.biz yesterday reported that the creator of Sega's Rez Tetsuya Mizuguchi has parted company with the publisher after it took the decision to close his in-house development team. Mizuguchi created such sterling examples of Japanese innovation as Rez and Space Channel 5, but neither proved a commercial hit and it now appears this may have been the driving force behind Sega's decision to axe his team.
The Sega veteran of fourteen years witnessed his team's integration with the Sonic Team, and now claims that he is happy to be free to explore more creative ideas at whatever new role he finds for himself. Mizuguchi is believed to be seeking a new gaming opportunity as we speak.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light