Rez-man waves Sega goodbye
Gamesindustry.biz yesterday reported that the creator of Sega's Rez Tetsuya Mizuguchi has parted company with the publisher after it took the decision to close his in-house development team. Mizuguchi created such sterling examples of Japanese innovation as Rez and Space Channel 5, but neither proved a commercial hit and it now appears this may have been the driving force behind Sega's decision to axe his team.
The Sega veteran of fourteen years witnessed his team's integration with the Sonic Team, and now claims that he is happy to be free to explore more creative ideas at whatever new role he finds for himself. Mizuguchi is believed to be seeking a new gaming opportunity as we speak.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too