Rockstar say 'no' to GTA V this year
According to the latest issue of Game Informer magazine, Rockstar could be readying a brand new, full sequel to Grand Theft Auto IV, which will be released this year. sadly, this just isn't true, according to the latest word from the publisher itself.
The magazine had reported that 'loose talk' let slip the firm's 2009 plans for a new GTA title (which could have been set in Tokyo, we heard), but Kotaku have also had a few words, learning that Grand Theft Auto V won't emerge this year.
The blog were told there is "no truth" in the rumours surrounding a new title, on a par with GTA: San Andreas. We do hear that a second slice of DLC following The Lost and Damned will arrive before Christmas 2009.
While no new game is likely to emerge then, it sounds as if Rockstar could be plotting more than two episodic releases for GTA IV, the publisher hinting that there is more potential there, while there's also the possibility of PS3 content further down the line.
More GTA tittle-tattle as we get it.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat