Gears of War 2 passes four million
Epic's seminal Gears of War 2 has now sold more than twice the number of copies that the original Gears sold within its first two months, the Xbox 360 exclusive having topped four million sales globally within the same time it took the first title to shift two million.
Product manager Guy Welch reveals the new milestone in conversation with GameDaily, the exec clearly reveling in this sales success.
"The original Gears of War was the fastest-selling next-generation game of 2006, selling more than 2 million units worldwide that Holiday, and now well over 5 million copies sold to date," he beamed.
"With Gears of War 2, the game has sold over 4 million units in the first two months, doubling the pace of the original."
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator