Gears of War 2 passes four million
Epic's seminal Gears of War 2 has now sold more than twice the number of copies that the original Gears sold within its first two months, the Xbox 360 exclusive having topped four million sales globally within the same time it took the first title to shift two million.
Product manager Guy Welch reveals the new milestone in conversation with GameDaily, the exec clearly reveling in this sales success.
"The original Gears of War was the fastest-selling next-generation game of 2006, selling more than 2 million units worldwide that Holiday, and now well over 5 million copies sold to date," he beamed.
"With Gears of War 2, the game has sold over 4 million units in the first two months, doubling the pace of the original."
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update