Gears of War 2 passes four million
Epic's seminal Gears of War 2 has now sold more than twice the number of copies that the original Gears sold within its first two months, the Xbox 360 exclusive having topped four million sales globally within the same time it took the first title to shift two million.
Product manager Guy Welch reveals the new milestone in conversation with GameDaily, the exec clearly reveling in this sales success.
"The original Gears of War was the fastest-selling next-generation game of 2006, selling more than 2 million units worldwide that Holiday, and now well over 5 million copies sold to date," he beamed.
"With Gears of War 2, the game has sold over 4 million units in the first two months, doubling the pace of the original."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date