Gears of War 2 passes four million
Epic's seminal Gears of War 2 has now sold more than twice the number of copies that the original Gears sold within its first two months, the Xbox 360 exclusive having topped four million sales globally within the same time it took the first title to shift two million.
Product manager Guy Welch reveals the new milestone in conversation with GameDaily, the exec clearly reveling in this sales success.
"The original Gears of War was the fastest-selling next-generation game of 2006, selling more than 2 million units worldwide that Holiday, and now well over 5 million copies sold to date," he beamed.
"With Gears of War 2, the game has sold over 4 million units in the first two months, doubling the pace of the original."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year