Gears of War 2 passes four million
Epic's seminal Gears of War 2 has now sold more than twice the number of copies that the original Gears sold within its first two months, the Xbox 360 exclusive having topped four million sales globally within the same time it took the first title to shift two million.
Product manager Guy Welch reveals the new milestone in conversation with GameDaily, the exec clearly reveling in this sales success.
"The original Gears of War was the fastest-selling next-generation game of 2006, selling more than 2 million units worldwide that Holiday, and now well over 5 million copies sold to date," he beamed.
"With Gears of War 2, the game has sold over 4 million units in the first two months, doubling the pace of the original."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3