Singularity coming from Raven
A new, heavily-backed shooter steps a little nearer today, Activision revealing new details on Singularity, their PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 action title being developed by veterans Raven.
A new sci-fi themed romp is the order of the day, the experience apparently set on a mysterious Russian-occupied island during the days of the Cold War.
According to word from Game Informer, said island will be discovered by a US pilot presumably sparking some kind of adventure. Set in the 1950s, we hear time will be a weapon in the game, aiding the player's progress, as enemies rot with age before our hero.
The new shooter will use the Unreal Engine 3 to build the game, so we know it'll be pretty, the developer having cut their teeth on major first-person shooter projects in the past.
More on Singularity as we get it.
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine
- Bethesda announces Wolfenstein: Old Blood a prequel to The New Order
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release