Singularity coming from Raven
A new, heavily-backed shooter steps a little nearer today, Activision revealing new details on Singularity, their PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 action title being developed by veterans Raven.
A new sci-fi themed romp is the order of the day, the experience apparently set on a mysterious Russian-occupied island during the days of the Cold War.
According to word from Game Informer, said island will be discovered by a US pilot presumably sparking some kind of adventure. Set in the 1950s, we hear time will be a weapon in the game, aiding the player's progress, as enemies rot with age before our hero.
The new shooter will use the Unreal Engine 3 to build the game, so we know it'll be pretty, the developer having cut their teeth on major first-person shooter projects in the past.
More on Singularity as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3