British fantasy author behind new Doom plot
Fantasy author Graham Joyce has been enlisted by id Software to help pen the story that will back Doom 4, the latest in the long running FPS series from John Carmack's outfit.
The British pen-smith is an award winning writer, although it is not clear the degree to which he will be involved in the game developer's new opus, Joyce offering: "I can say that ID have hired me to help develop the storyline potential."
Doom 4 is on the way to the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, and was first discussed earlier last year.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan