British fantasy author behind new Doom plot
Fantasy author Graham Joyce has been enlisted by id Software to help pen the story that will back Doom 4, the latest in the long running FPS series from John Carmack's outfit.
The British pen-smith is an award winning writer, although it is not clear the degree to which he will be involved in the game developer's new opus, Joyce offering: "I can say that ID have hired me to help develop the storyline potential."
Doom 4 is on the way to the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, and was first discussed earlier last year.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users