British fantasy author behind new Doom plot
Fantasy author Graham Joyce has been enlisted by id Software to help pen the story that will back Doom 4, the latest in the long running FPS series from John Carmack's outfit.
The British pen-smith is an award winning writer, although it is not clear the degree to which he will be involved in the game developer's new opus, Joyce offering: "I can say that ID have hired me to help develop the storyline potential."
Doom 4 is on the way to the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, and was first discussed earlier last year.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update