British fantasy author behind new Doom plot
Fantasy author Graham Joyce has been enlisted by id Software to help pen the story that will back Doom 4, the latest in the long running FPS series from John Carmack's outfit.
The British pen-smith is an award winning writer, although it is not clear the degree to which he will be involved in the game developer's new opus, Joyce offering: "I can say that ID have hired me to help develop the storyline potential."
Doom 4 is on the way to the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, and was first discussed earlier last year.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One