British fantasy author behind new Doom plot
Fantasy author Graham Joyce has been enlisted by id Software to help pen the story that will back Doom 4, the latest in the long running FPS series from John Carmack's outfit.
The British pen-smith is an award winning writer, although it is not clear the degree to which he will be involved in the game developer's new opus, Joyce offering: "I can say that ID have hired me to help develop the storyline potential."
Doom 4 is on the way to the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, and was first discussed earlier last year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer