Live and PSN in fashion tussle
As the PS3 and the Xbox 360 snarl at each other across a crowded dance floor, eying the bevy of lovely consumers gyrating in the centre (I think this metaphor's gone far enough - Ed), the PSN and Xbox Live online services are also locked in battle.
Its a battle for the non-hardcore, the casual / social gamer, and while the New Xbox Experience and its related Avatars root for Microsoft, Sony counter with their 3D social world, Home.
Clothing is the latest area of conflict, both services offering up fresh wardrobes this week, hoping to curry favour with fashion conscious gamers. Avatars now get fresh items of dress available in all regions, while new get-up for Home is only on offer in Japan so far.
Expect this accessorizing to literally never end.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year