Live and PSN in fashion tussle
As the PS3 and the Xbox 360 snarl at each other across a crowded dance floor, eying the bevy of lovely consumers gyrating in the centre (I think this metaphor's gone far enough - Ed), the PSN and Xbox Live online services are also locked in battle.
Its a battle for the non-hardcore, the casual / social gamer, and while the New Xbox Experience and its related Avatars root for Microsoft, Sony counter with their 3D social world, Home.
Clothing is the latest area of conflict, both services offering up fresh wardrobes this week, hoping to curry favour with fashion conscious gamers. Avatars now get fresh items of dress available in all regions, while new get-up for Home is only on offer in Japan so far.
Expect this accessorizing to literally never end.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3