Live and PSN in fashion tussle
As the PS3 and the Xbox 360 snarl at each other across a crowded dance floor, eying the bevy of lovely consumers gyrating in the centre (I think this metaphor's gone far enough - Ed), the PSN and Xbox Live online services are also locked in battle.
Its a battle for the non-hardcore, the casual / social gamer, and while the New Xbox Experience and its related Avatars root for Microsoft, Sony counter with their 3D social world, Home.
Clothing is the latest area of conflict, both services offering up fresh wardrobes this week, hoping to curry favour with fashion conscious gamers. Avatars now get fresh items of dress available in all regions, while new get-up for Home is only on offer in Japan so far.
Expect this accessorizing to literally never end.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch