New Grand Theft Auto release this year?
Tantalising gossip on the wires this morning (thanks PSU), which hints that a new Grand Theft Auto title could be released by the end of the year.
The rumour-mongers in question quote Game Informer magazine as revealing that a new, full game will be unleashed by Rockstar in 2009 - and it won't be an expansion pack or DLC.
Apparently there are no details, although Tokyo is speculated as a possible setting for the game - which has only ever been set in US cities previously (apart from the very early GTA: London).
This could of course be nonsense, then, but we're hopeful. What do you make of Tokyo as a prospective setting then, folks?
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title