EA and the Red Cross team up to offer charity DLC for SimCity
EA and the Red Cross have announced a partnership which will bring Red Cross relief to SimCity while allowing gamers to donate to charity at the same time.
The deal has been brokered between EA and ten different Red Cross societies including the British Red Cross. Maxis has put together a new piece of downloadable content which features a Red Cross Relief Centre and two relief vehicles for those SimCity mayors who are frequent subjects of natural disasters. At least 80 percent of the proceeds of the sale of the DLC will go the local Red Cross allowing gamers to do a little good when shopping for DLC.
Maxis Emeryville GM Patrick Buechner said, of the partnership, “Collaborating with the Red Cross is a small way for EA to help others through our creative work. The content we created alongside the Red Cross not only gives aid to the Sims within our players’ cities, it also enables players to help real people who have suffered from disasters in the real world. After recouping our development costs, the remaining proceeds will go to the Red Cross to help support their work across the globe.”
The Red Cross DLC is available on Origin for 7.99 GBP for SimCity on the PC and the Mac.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes