EA and the Red Cross team up to offer charity DLC for SimCity
EA and the Red Cross have announced a partnership which will bring Red Cross relief to SimCity while allowing gamers to donate to charity at the same time.
The deal has been brokered between EA and ten different Red Cross societies including the British Red Cross. Maxis has put together a new piece of downloadable content which features a Red Cross Relief Centre and two relief vehicles for those SimCity mayors who are frequent subjects of natural disasters. At least 80 percent of the proceeds of the sale of the DLC will go the local Red Cross allowing gamers to do a little good when shopping for DLC.
Maxis Emeryville GM Patrick Buechner said, of the partnership, “Collaborating with the Red Cross is a small way for EA to help others through our creative work. The content we created alongside the Red Cross not only gives aid to the Sims within our players’ cities, it also enables players to help real people who have suffered from disasters in the real world. After recouping our development costs, the remaining proceeds will go to the Red Cross to help support their work across the globe.”
The Red Cross DLC is available on Origin for 7.99 GBP for SimCity on the PC and the Mac.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year