EA and the Red Cross team up to offer charity DLC for SimCity
EA and the Red Cross have announced a partnership which will bring Red Cross relief to SimCity while allowing gamers to donate to charity at the same time.
The deal has been brokered between EA and ten different Red Cross societies including the British Red Cross. Maxis has put together a new piece of downloadable content which features a Red Cross Relief Centre and two relief vehicles for those SimCity mayors who are frequent subjects of natural disasters. At least 80 percent of the proceeds of the sale of the DLC will go the local Red Cross allowing gamers to do a little good when shopping for DLC.
Maxis Emeryville GM Patrick Buechner said, of the partnership, “Collaborating with the Red Cross is a small way for EA to help others through our creative work. The content we created alongside the Red Cross not only gives aid to the Sims within our players’ cities, it also enables players to help real people who have suffered from disasters in the real world. After recouping our development costs, the remaining proceeds will go to the Red Cross to help support their work across the globe.”
The Red Cross DLC is available on Origin for 7.99 GBP for SimCity on the PC and the Mac.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release