EA and the Red Cross team up to offer charity DLC for SimCity
EA and the Red Cross have announced a partnership which will bring Red Cross relief to SimCity while allowing gamers to donate to charity at the same time.
The deal has been brokered between EA and ten different Red Cross societies including the British Red Cross. Maxis has put together a new piece of downloadable content which features a Red Cross Relief Centre and two relief vehicles for those SimCity mayors who are frequent subjects of natural disasters. At least 80 percent of the proceeds of the sale of the DLC will go the local Red Cross allowing gamers to do a little good when shopping for DLC.
Maxis Emeryville GM Patrick Buechner said, of the partnership, “Collaborating with the Red Cross is a small way for EA to help others through our creative work. The content we created alongside the Red Cross not only gives aid to the Sims within our players’ cities, it also enables players to help real people who have suffered from disasters in the real world. After recouping our development costs, the remaining proceeds will go to the Red Cross to help support their work across the globe.”
The Red Cross DLC is available on Origin for 7.99 GBP for SimCity on the PC and the Mac.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer