Killzone 2 promises moral ambiguity
Speaking with this website, Killzone 2 game director Mathijs de Jonge has said that Guerrilla and Sony's new first-person shooter will offer a plot filled with moral ambiguity, and won't be a typical sci-fi 'good vs. bad' affair.
"I don’t want to spoil the story too much but one thing I want to say is that Killzone 2 doesn’t have a regular black and white, good guys vs bad guys/aliens story," the game maker told us.
"It’s much more gray, in the middle – are you really on the good side?"
Chatting in a new interview, we were also told to expect something unique on the multiplayer front, despite some stiff competition in this area.
De Jonge offered: "We really aimed to make Killzone 2 stand on its own, you can't directly compare it to anything out there. Of course we looked at big titles like CoD4 but we wanted to make Killzone 2 Multiplayer its own unique experience. The Killzone universe, the graphical quality and the unique mix of tactical and customizable gameplay make Killzone 2 multiplayer unlike anything you've played before."
More in the full interview.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date