Left 4 Dead update looms
The latest word in from Valve this week reveals that the developer are closing in on the release of a new patch for PC zombie-shooting hit Left 4 Dead, the new update should be released by the end of the week, we hear.
"The problem on the PC side was a few large bugs affected other systems that we were going to rewrite on the PC so we ended up waiting to fix a whole class of bugs instead of just individual bugs," offered developer Chet Faliszek on the Steam forums, later telling ShackNews of Valve's release plans for the long-awaited patch.
"Also for the patching, the real key is to patch more often and not wait for everything to accumulate. Because of a perfect storm of events, this patch got larger than we would have liked and that really snowballed the time it is taking."
More on Left 4 Dead soon, hombres.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive