Left 4 Dead update looms
The latest word in from Valve this week reveals that the developer are closing in on the release of a new patch for PC zombie-shooting hit Left 4 Dead, the new update should be released by the end of the week, we hear.
"The problem on the PC side was a few large bugs affected other systems that we were going to rewrite on the PC so we ended up waiting to fix a whole class of bugs instead of just individual bugs," offered developer Chet Faliszek on the Steam forums, later telling ShackNews of Valve's release plans for the long-awaited patch.
"Also for the patching, the real key is to patch more often and not wait for everything to accumulate. Because of a perfect storm of events, this patch got larger than we would have liked and that really snowballed the time it is taking."
More on Left 4 Dead soon, hombres.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like