Left 4 Dead update looms
The latest word in from Valve this week reveals that the developer are closing in on the release of a new patch for PC zombie-shooting hit Left 4 Dead, the new update should be released by the end of the week, we hear.
"The problem on the PC side was a few large bugs affected other systems that we were going to rewrite on the PC so we ended up waiting to fix a whole class of bugs instead of just individual bugs," offered developer Chet Faliszek on the Steam forums, later telling ShackNews of Valve's release plans for the long-awaited patch.
"Also for the patching, the real key is to patch more often and not wait for everything to accumulate. Because of a perfect storm of events, this patch got larger than we would have liked and that really snowballed the time it is taking."
More on Left 4 Dead soon, hombres.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday