Left 4 Dead update looms
The latest word in from Valve this week reveals that the developer are closing in on the release of a new patch for PC zombie-shooting hit Left 4 Dead, the new update should be released by the end of the week, we hear.
"The problem on the PC side was a few large bugs affected other systems that we were going to rewrite on the PC so we ended up waiting to fix a whole class of bugs instead of just individual bugs," offered developer Chet Faliszek on the Steam forums, later telling ShackNews of Valve's release plans for the long-awaited patch.
"Also for the patching, the real key is to patch more often and not wait for everything to accumulate. Because of a perfect storm of events, this patch got larger than we would have liked and that really snowballed the time it is taking."
More on Left 4 Dead soon, hombres.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year