Neversoft no longer working on Tony Hawk
Veteran Activision developer Neversoft is no longer working on the Tony Hawk franchise, we learn today, the game maker instead focussing on their new task as creators of the billion-dollar Guitar Hero series.
Speaking to a US newspaper, Neversoft co-founder Joel Jewett admitted that his studio are have handed the Tony Hawk franchise over to another developer, in order to maintain focus on their musical offerings.
"It’s probably best for the franchise…it's time for someone else to add fresh ideas to it," Jewett offered.
We've no word yet on who is behind the next Tony Hawk game, which promises to enliven the IP, but we'll keep you posted.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year