Neversoft no longer working on Tony Hawk
Veteran Activision developer Neversoft is no longer working on the Tony Hawk franchise, we learn today, the game maker instead focussing on their new task as creators of the billion-dollar Guitar Hero series.
Speaking to a US newspaper, Neversoft co-founder Joel Jewett admitted that his studio are have handed the Tony Hawk franchise over to another developer, in order to maintain focus on their musical offerings.
"It’s probably best for the franchise…it's time for someone else to add fresh ideas to it," Jewett offered.
We've no word yet on who is behind the next Tony Hawk game, which promises to enliven the IP, but we'll keep you posted.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like