Neversoft no longer working on Tony Hawk
Veteran Activision developer Neversoft is no longer working on the Tony Hawk franchise, we learn today, the game maker instead focussing on their new task as creators of the billion-dollar Guitar Hero series.
Speaking to a US newspaper, Neversoft co-founder Joel Jewett admitted that his studio are have handed the Tony Hawk franchise over to another developer, in order to maintain focus on their musical offerings.
"It’s probably best for the franchise…it's time for someone else to add fresh ideas to it," Jewett offered.
We've no word yet on who is behind the next Tony Hawk game, which promises to enliven the IP, but we'll keep you posted.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto