Neversoft no longer working on Tony Hawk
Veteran Activision developer Neversoft is no longer working on the Tony Hawk franchise, we learn today, the game maker instead focussing on their new task as creators of the billion-dollar Guitar Hero series.
Speaking to a US newspaper, Neversoft co-founder Joel Jewett admitted that his studio are have handed the Tony Hawk franchise over to another developer, in order to maintain focus on their musical offerings.
"It’s probably best for the franchise…it's time for someone else to add fresh ideas to it," Jewett offered.
We've no word yet on who is behind the next Tony Hawk game, which promises to enliven the IP, but we'll keep you posted.
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 30-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3