Neversoft no longer working on Tony Hawk
Veteran Activision developer Neversoft is no longer working on the Tony Hawk franchise, we learn today, the game maker instead focussing on their new task as creators of the billion-dollar Guitar Hero series.
Speaking to a US newspaper, Neversoft co-founder Joel Jewett admitted that his studio are have handed the Tony Hawk franchise over to another developer, in order to maintain focus on their musical offerings.
"It’s probably best for the franchise…it's time for someone else to add fresh ideas to it," Jewett offered.
We've no word yet on who is behind the next Tony Hawk game, which promises to enliven the IP, but we'll keep you posted.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny