Vegetarians back Fable II
Animal welfare group PETA has voted Fable II the most "animal-friendly videogame", at their annual Proggy Awards ceremony.
Apparently, the Xbox 360 exclusive RPG is a "vegetarian's dream come true". Why? You might ask. The game purportedly puts vegetarians on a level playing field with their meat munching cousins.
"In this virtual fight between good and evil, characters powered by tofu are just as powerful as their meat-eating counterparts-and are more fit and attractive to boot," offer PETA on Lionhead's creation.
"Featuring a strong pro-vegetarian theme, eating a plant-based diet helps you rack up 'purity' points, whereas eating meat makes your character fat and evil. A fun and innovative game, it's also an effective tool that teaches gamers the real-life benefits of a vegetarian diet."
In other news: Peter Molyneux has chained himself to a railing outside Burger King in Guildford High Street...
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year