Vegetarians back Fable II
Animal welfare group PETA has voted Fable II the most "animal-friendly videogame", at their annual Proggy Awards ceremony.
Apparently, the Xbox 360 exclusive RPG is a "vegetarian's dream come true". Why? You might ask. The game purportedly puts vegetarians on a level playing field with their meat munching cousins.
"In this virtual fight between good and evil, characters powered by tofu are just as powerful as their meat-eating counterparts-and are more fit and attractive to boot," offer PETA on Lionhead's creation.
"Featuring a strong pro-vegetarian theme, eating a plant-based diet helps you rack up 'purity' points, whereas eating meat makes your character fat and evil. A fun and innovative game, it's also an effective tool that teaches gamers the real-life benefits of a vegetarian diet."
In other news: Peter Molyneux has chained himself to a railing outside Burger King in Guildford High Street...
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title