Vegetarians back Fable II
Animal welfare group PETA has voted Fable II the most "animal-friendly videogame", at their annual Proggy Awards ceremony.
Apparently, the Xbox 360 exclusive RPG is a "vegetarian's dream come true". Why? You might ask. The game purportedly puts vegetarians on a level playing field with their meat munching cousins.
"In this virtual fight between good and evil, characters powered by tofu are just as powerful as their meat-eating counterparts-and are more fit and attractive to boot," offer PETA on Lionhead's creation.
"Featuring a strong pro-vegetarian theme, eating a plant-based diet helps you rack up 'purity' points, whereas eating meat makes your character fat and evil. A fun and innovative game, it's also an effective tool that teaches gamers the real-life benefits of a vegetarian diet."
In other news: Peter Molyneux has chained himself to a railing outside Burger King in Guildford High Street...
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag