Vegetarians back Fable II
Animal welfare group PETA has voted Fable II the most "animal-friendly videogame", at their annual Proggy Awards ceremony.
Apparently, the Xbox 360 exclusive RPG is a "vegetarian's dream come true". Why? You might ask. The game purportedly puts vegetarians on a level playing field with their meat munching cousins.
"In this virtual fight between good and evil, characters powered by tofu are just as powerful as their meat-eating counterparts-and are more fit and attractive to boot," offer PETA on Lionhead's creation.
"Featuring a strong pro-vegetarian theme, eating a plant-based diet helps you rack up 'purity' points, whereas eating meat makes your character fat and evil. A fun and innovative game, it's also an effective tool that teaches gamers the real-life benefits of a vegetarian diet."
In other news: Peter Molyneux has chained himself to a railing outside Burger King in Guildford High Street...
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO