PS4 still outselling the Xbox One despite sales doubling due to it dropping dropping Kinect
It seems that dropping Kinect from the Xbox One hardware package hasn't done enough to lift its sales above those of the PS4.
According to NPD's latest US sales figures the PS4 has maintained the top spot in the hardware charts for the sixth month in a row with PS4 software sales also outstripping Xbox one software sales.
NPD added, “Combined sales of Xbox One and PS4 are over 80 percent higher than the combined totals for Xbox 360 and PS3 — an indication of the strength of the start of this new console generation.”
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3