Nine Inch Nails to feature on the FIFA 14 soundtrack
You're not imagining things. You read it correctly. The Nine Inch Nails are to feature on the soundtrack of FIFA 14.
The song Copy Of A from their new album will feature alongside songs like Chvrches' We Sink, Bloc Party's Ratchet and Foals' My Number (Trophy Wife Remix) when FIFA 14 is released in 10 days time.
It's not the first time the Nine Inch Nails have produced music for games having created the original soundtrack for Quake (their logo also featured in the ammunition for the nailgun) and, more recently, the theme from Call Of Duty: Black Ops II.
Both titles seem a little more in keeping with the band's dark industrial image than FIFA 14 does though. Have a listen to the NIN performing the song live at the Fuji Festival this year (inset) and see what you think.
FIFA 14 is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 (and a host of other platforms too) on the 27th of September. It's also a launch title for both the Xbox One and the PS4.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer