Nine Inch Nails to feature on the FIFA 14 soundtrack
You're not imagining things. You read it correctly. The Nine Inch Nails are to feature on the soundtrack of FIFA 14.
The song Copy Of A from their new album will feature alongside songs like Chvrches' We Sink, Bloc Party's Ratchet and Foals' My Number (Trophy Wife Remix) when FIFA 14 is released in 10 days time.
It's not the first time the Nine Inch Nails have produced music for games having created the original soundtrack for Quake (their logo also featured in the ammunition for the nailgun) and, more recently, the theme from Call Of Duty: Black Ops II.
Both titles seem a little more in keeping with the band's dark industrial image than FIFA 14 does though. Have a listen to the NIN performing the song live at the Fuji Festival this year (inset) and see what you think.
FIFA 14 is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 (and a host of other platforms too) on the 27th of September. It's also a launch title for both the Xbox One and the PS4.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch