ESRB reveals new Guitar Hero for DS
The next version of Guitar Hero for the DS handheld emerges this weekend, the ESRB revealing that previously trademarked Activision title Guitar Hero Modern Hits will be the next iteration in the music series for Nintendo's portable device.
As usual, this news comes via a leak from the Electronic Software Ratings Board, who are frequently caught out inadvertently confirming unannounced videogame releases.
The ESRB also lets slip that tracks such as Sum 41's "Still Waiting", Franz Ferdinand's "The Fallen" and Finger Eleven's "Paralyzer" will be included - noting that they include potentially offensive lyrics.
Beyond the "Modern Hits" tag, it sounds from the Board's description as if this will be a fairly standard Guitar Hero offering, although quite what Activision will do once the DSi dispenses with the GBA slot used by the game's controller remains unclear.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3