Home doing the business for Sony
Despite something of a staggered launch owing to a few connection 'issues', the PlayStation Home service is apparently already doing well for Sony, PlayStation Network exec Susan Panico revealing that digital 'things' within the online social world are "selling like hotcakes".
Apparently, Home took more money from micro-transactions in its opening four days than the PlayStation Network itself did in its entire opening week.
Item prices within Home range from 0.49 upwards, and it seems as if hardcore Home users account for the majority of early spending.
"It's a classic 80/20 model, where 20 percent of your customers create 80 percent of your income," Kotaku quote the exec as revealing.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light