FIFA 09 takes Christmas number one
EA's FIFA 09 has made something of a late dash and is the UK's official Christmas number one. The bookies favourite, Call of Duty: World at War, comes in at number two, having held the top spot for several weeks.
This festive record will provide a welcome boost to EA, who have been busy laying-off employees and closing studios in the wake of disappointing Christmas sales.
Rounding out the rest of the chart for the week-ending December 20th, Mario Kart Wii is in at three, Need for Speed Undercover is fourth and Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training is fifth.
Wii Play is sixth, Quantum of Solace seventh and Professor Layton is eighth.
Tomb Raider Underworld and Wii Fit complete the All-Format top ten from Chart-Track.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave