FIFA 09 takes Christmas number one
EA's FIFA 09 has made something of a late dash and is the UK's official Christmas number one. The bookies favourite, Call of Duty: World at War, comes in at number two, having held the top spot for several weeks.
This festive record will provide a welcome boost to EA, who have been busy laying-off employees and closing studios in the wake of disappointing Christmas sales.
Rounding out the rest of the chart for the week-ending December 20th, Mario Kart Wii is in at three, Need for Speed Undercover is fourth and Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training is fifth.
Wii Play is sixth, Quantum of Solace seventh and Professor Layton is eighth.
Tomb Raider Underworld and Wii Fit complete the All-Format top ten from Chart-Track.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year