FIFA 09 takes Christmas number one
EA's FIFA 09 has made something of a late dash and is the UK's official Christmas number one. The bookies favourite, Call of Duty: World at War, comes in at number two, having held the top spot for several weeks.
This festive record will provide a welcome boost to EA, who have been busy laying-off employees and closing studios in the wake of disappointing Christmas sales.
Rounding out the rest of the chart for the week-ending December 20th, Mario Kart Wii is in at three, Need for Speed Undercover is fourth and Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training is fifth.
Wii Play is sixth, Quantum of Solace seventh and Professor Layton is eighth.
Tomb Raider Underworld and Wii Fit complete the All-Format top ten from Chart-Track.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One