FIFA 09 takes Christmas number one
EA's FIFA 09 has made something of a late dash and is the UK's official Christmas number one. The bookies favourite, Call of Duty: World at War, comes in at number two, having held the top spot for several weeks.
This festive record will provide a welcome boost to EA, who have been busy laying-off employees and closing studios in the wake of disappointing Christmas sales.
Rounding out the rest of the chart for the week-ending December 20th, Mario Kart Wii is in at three, Need for Speed Undercover is fourth and Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training is fifth.
Wii Play is sixth, Quantum of Solace seventh and Professor Layton is eighth.
Tomb Raider Underworld and Wii Fit complete the All-Format top ten from Chart-Track.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update