FIFA 09 takes Christmas number one
EA's FIFA 09 has made something of a late dash and is the UK's official Christmas number one. The bookies favourite, Call of Duty: World at War, comes in at number two, having held the top spot for several weeks.
This festive record will provide a welcome boost to EA, who have been busy laying-off employees and closing studios in the wake of disappointing Christmas sales.
Rounding out the rest of the chart for the week-ending December 20th, Mario Kart Wii is in at three, Need for Speed Undercover is fourth and Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training is fifth.
Wii Play is sixth, Quantum of Solace seventh and Professor Layton is eighth.
Tomb Raider Underworld and Wii Fit complete the All-Format top ten from Chart-Track.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer