Champions Online off to Atari
Speaking with investors this week, Take-Two have revealed that they have made way for new owners Atari to publish MMO Champions Online, el presidento Ben Feder revealing that his firm will no long deliver Cryptic's online title.
Cryptic have of course been acquired by Atari in the last couple of weeks, and at the time it was speculated that Take-Two might let Champions Online go, allowing the new owners to step up to the publishing mantle.
"We no longer intend to publish the MMOG Champions Online due to Atari's acquisition of Cryptic," GameSpot quote the exec as telling fellow suits.
The game is out in 2009 on the PC and Xbox 360.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer