Champions Online off to Atari
Speaking with investors this week, Take-Two have revealed that they have made way for new owners Atari to publish MMO Champions Online, el presidento Ben Feder revealing that his firm will no long deliver Cryptic's online title.
Cryptic have of course been acquired by Atari in the last couple of weeks, and at the time it was speculated that Take-Two might let Champions Online go, allowing the new owners to step up to the publishing mantle.
"We no longer intend to publish the MMOG Champions Online due to Atari's acquisition of Cryptic," GameSpot quote the exec as telling fellow suits.
The game is out in 2009 on the PC and Xbox 360.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3