Spore set for Steam release?
Valve's PC delivery platform Steam may be gradually taking over the world, or at least digital distribution on the PC, but EA have been resolutely avoiding the service - instead promoting their own online store. However, rumour this morning suggests EA could be looking to release Will Wright's Spore via the platform.
Spore has of course been selling like hotcakes, although the epic levels of piracy surrounding the new simulation title must worry the publisher.
Apparently, a new license agreement has been spotted online, this slice of legalese including mention of Wright's opus, and is hosted on Steampowered.com; the official Steam site.
If true, this would be a major coup for Steam. We'll bring you more on this tittle-tattle as we get it.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto