Spore set for Steam release?
Valve's PC delivery platform Steam may be gradually taking over the world, or at least digital distribution on the PC, but EA have been resolutely avoiding the service - instead promoting their own online store. However, rumour this morning suggests EA could be looking to release Will Wright's Spore via the platform.
Spore has of course been selling like hotcakes, although the epic levels of piracy surrounding the new simulation title must worry the publisher.
Apparently, a new license agreement has been spotted online, this slice of legalese including mention of Wright's opus, and is hosted on Steampowered.com; the official Steam site.
If true, this would be a major coup for Steam. We'll bring you more on this tittle-tattle as we get it.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter