Spore set for Steam release?
Valve's PC delivery platform Steam may be gradually taking over the world, or at least digital distribution on the PC, but EA have been resolutely avoiding the service - instead promoting their own online store. However, rumour this morning suggests EA could be looking to release Will Wright's Spore via the platform.
Spore has of course been selling like hotcakes, although the epic levels of piracy surrounding the new simulation title must worry the publisher.
Apparently, a new license agreement has been spotted online, this slice of legalese including mention of Wright's opus, and is hosted on Steampowered.com; the official Steam site.
If true, this would be a major coup for Steam. We'll bring you more on this tittle-tattle as we get it.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny