Spore set for Steam release?
Valve's PC delivery platform Steam may be gradually taking over the world, or at least digital distribution on the PC, but EA have been resolutely avoiding the service - instead promoting their own online store. However, rumour this morning suggests EA could be looking to release Will Wright's Spore via the platform.
Spore has of course been selling like hotcakes, although the epic levels of piracy surrounding the new simulation title must worry the publisher.
Apparently, a new license agreement has been spotted online, this slice of legalese including mention of Wright's opus, and is hosted on Steampowered.com; the official Steam site.
If true, this would be a major coup for Steam. We'll bring you more on this tittle-tattle as we get it.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May