Spore set for Steam release?
Valve's PC delivery platform Steam may be gradually taking over the world, or at least digital distribution on the PC, but EA have been resolutely avoiding the service - instead promoting their own online store. However, rumour this morning suggests EA could be looking to release Will Wright's Spore via the platform.
Spore has of course been selling like hotcakes, although the epic levels of piracy surrounding the new simulation title must worry the publisher.
Apparently, a new license agreement has been spotted online, this slice of legalese including mention of Wright's opus, and is hosted on Steampowered.com; the official Steam site.
If true, this would be a major coup for Steam. We'll bring you more on this tittle-tattle as we get it.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet