Metallica see positive impact of Guitar Hero
Legendary rockers Metallica believe Guitar Hero, and the music game genre in general, could have a profound impact on the future of music as a whole - inspiring new generations.
Chatting with USA Today, guitar player Kirk Hammett says the record-breaking series can get more youngsters rocking.
"It is kind of weird to know that people are going to have an experience that is going to be similar to my own experience playing and performing music," he enthuses.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer