Metallica see positive impact of Guitar Hero
Legendary rockers Metallica believe Guitar Hero, and the music game genre in general, could have a profound impact on the future of music as a whole - inspiring new generations.
Chatting with USA Today, guitar player Kirk Hammett says the record-breaking series can get more youngsters rocking.
"It is kind of weird to know that people are going to have an experience that is going to be similar to my own experience playing and performing music," he enthuses.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch