Metallica see positive impact of Guitar Hero
Legendary rockers Metallica believe Guitar Hero, and the music game genre in general, could have a profound impact on the future of music as a whole - inspiring new generations.
Chatting with USA Today, guitar player Kirk Hammett says the record-breaking series can get more youngsters rocking.
"It is kind of weird to know that people are going to have an experience that is going to be similar to my own experience playing and performing music," he enthuses.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3