Metallica see positive impact of Guitar Hero
Legendary rockers Metallica believe Guitar Hero, and the music game genre in general, could have a profound impact on the future of music as a whole - inspiring new generations.
Chatting with USA Today, guitar player Kirk Hammett says the record-breaking series can get more youngsters rocking.
"It is kind of weird to know that people are going to have an experience that is going to be similar to my own experience playing and performing music," he enthuses.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like