Guitar Hero still on top, music genre wanes
UBS suit Ben Schachter says that Guitar Hero World Tour is outselling Rock Band 2 stateside, the investment analyst having looked at November's sales data, which reveals Activision's music hit was a million copies ahead of EA's challenger for the month.
However, Schachter's analysis is a little more cunning than this - revealing that while Guitar Hero has sold more, it's sales are actually in decline versus 2007, while Rock Band is on the rise.
Apparently, while Guitar Hero still rules the roost, sales are down over 25% on last year, while Rock Band's numbers are up a whopping 64%.
Apparently, overall music genre sales are down 12% on last year - the UBS man speculating that the market could be saturated.
Schachter offers: "With Activision and others sure to bring new innovation to the genre next year we can't count it out, but it almost certainly won't be the growth driver it has been over the past two years."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year