Guitar Hero still on top, music genre wanes
UBS suit Ben Schachter says that Guitar Hero World Tour is outselling Rock Band 2 stateside, the investment analyst having looked at November's sales data, which reveals Activision's music hit was a million copies ahead of EA's challenger for the month.
However, Schachter's analysis is a little more cunning than this - revealing that while Guitar Hero has sold more, it's sales are actually in decline versus 2007, while Rock Band is on the rise.
Apparently, while Guitar Hero still rules the roost, sales are down over 25% on last year, while Rock Band's numbers are up a whopping 64%.
Apparently, overall music genre sales are down 12% on last year - the UBS man speculating that the market could be saturated.
Schachter offers: "With Activision and others sure to bring new innovation to the genre next year we can't count it out, but it almost certainly won't be the growth driver it has been over the past two years."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today