Guitar Hero still on top, music genre wanes
UBS suit Ben Schachter says that Guitar Hero World Tour is outselling Rock Band 2 stateside, the investment analyst having looked at November's sales data, which reveals Activision's music hit was a million copies ahead of EA's challenger for the month.
However, Schachter's analysis is a little more cunning than this - revealing that while Guitar Hero has sold more, it's sales are actually in decline versus 2007, while Rock Band is on the rise.
Apparently, while Guitar Hero still rules the roost, sales are down over 25% on last year, while Rock Band's numbers are up a whopping 64%.
Apparently, overall music genre sales are down 12% on last year - the UBS man speculating that the market could be saturated.
Schachter offers: "With Activision and others sure to bring new innovation to the genre next year we can't count it out, but it almost certainly won't be the growth driver it has been over the past two years."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto