Guitar Hero still on top, music genre wanes
UBS suit Ben Schachter says that Guitar Hero World Tour is outselling Rock Band 2 stateside, the investment analyst having looked at November's sales data, which reveals Activision's music hit was a million copies ahead of EA's challenger for the month.
However, Schachter's analysis is a little more cunning than this - revealing that while Guitar Hero has sold more, it's sales are actually in decline versus 2007, while Rock Band is on the rise.
Apparently, while Guitar Hero still rules the roost, sales are down over 25% on last year, while Rock Band's numbers are up a whopping 64%.
Apparently, overall music genre sales are down 12% on last year - the UBS man speculating that the market could be saturated.
Schachter offers: "With Activision and others sure to bring new innovation to the genre next year we can't count it out, but it almost certainly won't be the growth driver it has been over the past two years."
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing