Guitar Hero still on top, music genre wanes
UBS suit Ben Schachter says that Guitar Hero World Tour is outselling Rock Band 2 stateside, the investment analyst having looked at November's sales data, which reveals Activision's music hit was a million copies ahead of EA's challenger for the month.
However, Schachter's analysis is a little more cunning than this - revealing that while Guitar Hero has sold more, it's sales are actually in decline versus 2007, while Rock Band is on the rise.
Apparently, while Guitar Hero still rules the roost, sales are down over 25% on last year, while Rock Band's numbers are up a whopping 64%.
Apparently, overall music genre sales are down 12% on last year - the UBS man speculating that the market could be saturated.
Schachter offers: "With Activision and others sure to bring new innovation to the genre next year we can't count it out, but it almost certainly won't be the growth driver it has been over the past two years."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light