Namco chase Western audience with new Tekken
An Xbox 360 version of Tekken 6 may have taken some by surprise, Namco Bandai not known for their support of Microsoft next-generation system; but a release on the 360 is apparently essential for the publisher if they hope to garner an international audience.
Speaking with UK website Kikizo, Tekken front-man Katsuhiro Harada said that his team simply couldn't ignore the clout of the Xbox 360 in Europe and North America.
"We love the [PlayStation brand]. But rather than some fans feeling disappointed, there are a lot of Xbox users out there at the moment, and a great deal of fans who only have an Xbox and really want to play Tekken, which is the number one in the fighting genre," Harada-san offered.
He continued revealing that "it’s also the timing at this point - at the moment we have two high spec consoles on the market at the same time; the Xbox has a huge installed base in Europe and America. So it was more about trying to answer the fans’ requests and having as many as possible be able to get the game - that was the objective there."
More on Tekken as we get it.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi