Digital release for Fable 2?
Speaking with UK business site GI.biz, chatty game designer Peter Molyneux has let-slip that a digital release of Fable 2 could be on the way, on the Xbox 360.
"I think it would be a great thing for this studio to work on," he offered, on the subject of a downloadable version of the RPG. As head of Lionhead, he is well positioned to see it happen, too, but wouldn't be drawn to confirm anything solid.
When pressed on the titillating matter, Molyneux nodded his cap in the direction of Lionhead owners Microsoft, stating: "I can't say anything else on it – I would be killed to death."
It sounds plausible, then, Microsoft having made the original Fable available already via their Originals platform on Xbox Live.
Apparently, Lionhead's first Fable did well in downloadable form, while Microsoft are perhaps considering the move given tough times in traditional retailers, who are discounting games and trying to push anything and everything to meet festive sales targets amid harsh economic conditions.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat