Time rates GTA IV 2008's finest
Time magazine this evening reveal their top ten games of 2008, Grand Theft Auto IV an uncontroversial choice as the year's finest gaming release.
More interesting is Jonathan Blow's much admired XBLA platformer Braid at number two, while LittleBigPlanet is perhaps a more conventional choice at number three.
Rock Band 2 is fourth, followed by Gears of War 2, Dead Space riding rather high at six, followed by Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (really?) at seven.
Hunted Forever is eighth, followed by FieldRunners at nine; Spore bringing up the rear in tenth.
So, no place for BioShock PS3, Resistance 2, Fable 2, FIFA 09, Far Cry 2, World of Goo, or a number of other very highly rated titles. Your thoughts, players?
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer