Time rates GTA IV 2008's finest
Time magazine this evening reveal their top ten games of 2008, Grand Theft Auto IV an uncontroversial choice as the year's finest gaming release.
More interesting is Jonathan Blow's much admired XBLA platformer Braid at number two, while LittleBigPlanet is perhaps a more conventional choice at number three.
Rock Band 2 is fourth, followed by Gears of War 2, Dead Space riding rather high at six, followed by Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (really?) at seven.
Hunted Forever is eighth, followed by FieldRunners at nine; Spore bringing up the rear in tenth.
So, no place for BioShock PS3, Resistance 2, Fable 2, FIFA 09, Far Cry 2, World of Goo, or a number of other very highly rated titles. Your thoughts, players?
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released