Crackdown 2 discussed by Microsoft
The loosely-coined "gaming community" has, for the last couple of years now, been clamouring for a Crackdown sequel, and while Microsoft apparently lacked the faith to commission a number two previously, there are hints that developer RealtimeWorlds are 'game', and that Microsoft's position is changing.
Speaking with Major Nelson this week, Game Studios boss Phil Spencer was told: "I’m here to tell you on behalf of the community, I want - we need - another Crackdown."
To which Spencer replied: "Yes, Crackdown’s one of my favourites. I’ll leave it at that."
Realtime Worlds are of course busy finishing off their take on an MMO GTA in All Points Bulletin, but the game maker has expressed an interest in re-visiting the series previously, hinting that Microsoft's backing is all that's required.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3