Crackdown 2 discussed by Microsoft
The loosely-coined "gaming community" has, for the last couple of years now, been clamouring for a Crackdown sequel, and while Microsoft apparently lacked the faith to commission a number two previously, there are hints that developer RealtimeWorlds are 'game', and that Microsoft's position is changing.
Speaking with Major Nelson this week, Game Studios boss Phil Spencer was told: "I’m here to tell you on behalf of the community, I want - we need - another Crackdown."
To which Spencer replied: "Yes, Crackdown’s one of my favourites. I’ll leave it at that."
Realtime Worlds are of course busy finishing off their take on an MMO GTA in All Points Bulletin, but the game maker has expressed an interest in re-visiting the series previously, hinting that Microsoft's backing is all that's required.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer