Crackdown 2 discussed by Microsoft
The loosely-coined "gaming community" has, for the last couple of years now, been clamouring for a Crackdown sequel, and while Microsoft apparently lacked the faith to commission a number two previously, there are hints that developer RealtimeWorlds are 'game', and that Microsoft's position is changing.
Speaking with Major Nelson this week, Game Studios boss Phil Spencer was told: "I’m here to tell you on behalf of the community, I want - we need - another Crackdown."
To which Spencer replied: "Yes, Crackdown’s one of my favourites. I’ll leave it at that."
Realtime Worlds are of course busy finishing off their take on an MMO GTA in All Points Bulletin, but the game maker has expressed an interest in re-visiting the series previously, hinting that Microsoft's backing is all that's required.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users