Crackdown 2 discussed by Microsoft
The loosely-coined "gaming community" has, for the last couple of years now, been clamouring for a Crackdown sequel, and while Microsoft apparently lacked the faith to commission a number two previously, there are hints that developer RealtimeWorlds are 'game', and that Microsoft's position is changing.
Speaking with Major Nelson this week, Game Studios boss Phil Spencer was told: "I’m here to tell you on behalf of the community, I want - we need - another Crackdown."
To which Spencer replied: "Yes, Crackdown’s one of my favourites. I’ll leave it at that."
Realtime Worlds are of course busy finishing off their take on an MMO GTA in All Points Bulletin, but the game maker has expressed an interest in re-visiting the series previously, hinting that Microsoft's backing is all that's required.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny