Crackdown 2 discussed by Microsoft
The loosely-coined "gaming community" has, for the last couple of years now, been clamouring for a Crackdown sequel, and while Microsoft apparently lacked the faith to commission a number two previously, there are hints that developer RealtimeWorlds are 'game', and that Microsoft's position is changing.
Speaking with Major Nelson this week, Game Studios boss Phil Spencer was told: "I’m here to tell you on behalf of the community, I want - we need - another Crackdown."
To which Spencer replied: "Yes, Crackdown’s one of my favourites. I’ll leave it at that."
Realtime Worlds are of course busy finishing off their take on an MMO GTA in All Points Bulletin, but the game maker has expressed an interest in re-visiting the series previously, hinting that Microsoft's backing is all that's required.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year