Codies plan new Colin McRae game for 2009
The Colin McRae series will be making something of a return in 2009 - Codemasters confirming that they have reached a deal with McRae's family affirming they will create a new DiRT title as tribute to the acclaimed driver, who died in a helicopter crash last year.
"He could do things with a car that no one else would and that's where we're taking the series with new events at the extreme edge of rally and autosport. It will be a great tribute to an incredible champion," offers senior producer Gavin Raeburn.
Colin McRae: DiRT 2 will be released for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 - with titles also on the way for the PSP, Wii and DS.
Many of the cars from the first DiRT will be carried over, and we're promised next-gen technology that will really push handling, graphics and physics.
Various modes are on offer and we're more than a little excited by this prospect.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3