Codies plan new Colin McRae game for 2009
The Colin McRae series will be making something of a return in 2009 - Codemasters confirming that they have reached a deal with McRae's family affirming they will create a new DiRT title as tribute to the acclaimed driver, who died in a helicopter crash last year.
"He could do things with a car that no one else would and that's where we're taking the series with new events at the extreme edge of rally and autosport. It will be a great tribute to an incredible champion," offers senior producer Gavin Raeburn.
Colin McRae: DiRT 2 will be released for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 - with titles also on the way for the PSP, Wii and DS.
Many of the cars from the first DiRT will be carried over, and we're promised next-gen technology that will really push handling, graphics and physics.
Various modes are on offer and we're more than a little excited by this prospect.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch