Codies plan new Colin McRae game for 2009
The Colin McRae series will be making something of a return in 2009 - Codemasters confirming that they have reached a deal with McRae's family affirming they will create a new DiRT title as tribute to the acclaimed driver, who died in a helicopter crash last year.
"He could do things with a car that no one else would and that's where we're taking the series with new events at the extreme edge of rally and autosport. It will be a great tribute to an incredible champion," offers senior producer Gavin Raeburn.
Colin McRae: DiRT 2 will be released for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 - with titles also on the way for the PSP, Wii and DS.
Many of the cars from the first DiRT will be carried over, and we're promised next-gen technology that will really push handling, graphics and physics.
Various modes are on offer and we're more than a little excited by this prospect.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer