Codies plan new Colin McRae game for 2009
The Colin McRae series will be making something of a return in 2009 - Codemasters confirming that they have reached a deal with McRae's family affirming they will create a new DiRT title as tribute to the acclaimed driver, who died in a helicopter crash last year.
"He could do things with a car that no one else would and that's where we're taking the series with new events at the extreme edge of rally and autosport. It will be a great tribute to an incredible champion," offers senior producer Gavin Raeburn.
Colin McRae: DiRT 2 will be released for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 - with titles also on the way for the PSP, Wii and DS.
Many of the cars from the first DiRT will be carried over, and we're promised next-gen technology that will really push handling, graphics and physics.
Various modes are on offer and we're more than a little excited by this prospect.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone