Codies plan new Colin McRae game for 2009
The Colin McRae series will be making something of a return in 2009 - Codemasters confirming that they have reached a deal with McRae's family affirming they will create a new DiRT title as tribute to the acclaimed driver, who died in a helicopter crash last year.
"He could do things with a car that no one else would and that's where we're taking the series with new events at the extreme edge of rally and autosport. It will be a great tribute to an incredible champion," offers senior producer Gavin Raeburn.
Colin McRae: DiRT 2 will be released for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 - with titles also on the way for the PSP, Wii and DS.
Many of the cars from the first DiRT will be carried over, and we're promised next-gen technology that will really push handling, graphics and physics.
Various modes are on offer and we're more than a little excited by this prospect.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet