David Braben: It would be stupid not to bring Elite: Dangerous to consoles
Frontier boss David Braben has indicated that it would be silly for them not to consider bringing Elite: Dangerous to consoles but right now the PC version is the main focus.
He explained that the main focus for them right now is getting the PC version polished off to perfection and then adapting it for Mac gamers. Once that's out of the way they can start looking at other platforms for Elite: Dangerous.
"I've just got to watch out,” Braben began. “I don't want to do something that constitutes an announcement, but we would be stupid not to support other platforms, including console. We've done lots and lots of games over time. We've done first-party Sony games. We've done first party Microsoft games. On console. So yes, we'd be stupid not to think about it.”
He went on, "We're a public company and announcements have to be properly made. But it's obviously something we're bearing in mind. We're very focused on delivering a great PC game. We will then do the game on Mac and during that time we will be looking at other platforms as well.”
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi