David Braben: It would be stupid not to bring Elite: Dangerous to consoles
Frontier boss David Braben has indicated that it would be silly for them not to consider bringing Elite: Dangerous to consoles but right now the PC version is the main focus.
He explained that the main focus for them right now is getting the PC version polished off to perfection and then adapting it for Mac gamers. Once that's out of the way they can start looking at other platforms for Elite: Dangerous.
"I've just got to watch out,” Braben began. “I don't want to do something that constitutes an announcement, but we would be stupid not to support other platforms, including console. We've done lots and lots of games over time. We've done first-party Sony games. We've done first party Microsoft games. On console. So yes, we'd be stupid not to think about it.”
He went on, "We're a public company and announcements have to be properly made. But it's obviously something we're bearing in mind. We're very focused on delivering a great PC game. We will then do the game on Mac and during that time we will be looking at other platforms as well.”
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year