David Braben: It would be stupid not to bring Elite: Dangerous to consoles
Frontier boss David Braben has indicated that it would be silly for them not to consider bringing Elite: Dangerous to consoles but right now the PC version is the main focus.
He explained that the main focus for them right now is getting the PC version polished off to perfection and then adapting it for Mac gamers. Once that's out of the way they can start looking at other platforms for Elite: Dangerous.
"I've just got to watch out,” Braben began. “I don't want to do something that constitutes an announcement, but we would be stupid not to support other platforms, including console. We've done lots and lots of games over time. We've done first-party Sony games. We've done first party Microsoft games. On console. So yes, we'd be stupid not to think about it.”
He went on, "We're a public company and announcements have to be properly made. But it's obviously something we're bearing in mind. We're very focused on delivering a great PC game. We will then do the game on Mac and during that time we will be looking at other platforms as well.”
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free