David Braben: It would be stupid not to bring Elite: Dangerous to consoles
Frontier boss David Braben has indicated that it would be silly for them not to consider bringing Elite: Dangerous to consoles but right now the PC version is the main focus.
He explained that the main focus for them right now is getting the PC version polished off to perfection and then adapting it for Mac gamers. Once that's out of the way they can start looking at other platforms for Elite: Dangerous.
"I've just got to watch out,” Braben began. “I don't want to do something that constitutes an announcement, but we would be stupid not to support other platforms, including console. We've done lots and lots of games over time. We've done first-party Sony games. We've done first party Microsoft games. On console. So yes, we'd be stupid not to think about it.”
He went on, "We're a public company and announcements have to be properly made. But it's obviously something we're bearing in mind. We're very focused on delivering a great PC game. We will then do the game on Mac and during that time we will be looking at other platforms as well.”
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching