David Braben: It would be stupid not to bring Elite: Dangerous to consoles
Frontier boss David Braben has indicated that it would be silly for them not to consider bringing Elite: Dangerous to consoles but right now the PC version is the main focus.
He explained that the main focus for them right now is getting the PC version polished off to perfection and then adapting it for Mac gamers. Once that's out of the way they can start looking at other platforms for Elite: Dangerous.
"I've just got to watch out,” Braben began. “I don't want to do something that constitutes an announcement, but we would be stupid not to support other platforms, including console. We've done lots and lots of games over time. We've done first-party Sony games. We've done first party Microsoft games. On console. So yes, we'd be stupid not to think about it.”
He went on, "We're a public company and announcements have to be properly made. But it's obviously something we're bearing in mind. We're very focused on delivering a great PC game. We will then do the game on Mac and during that time we will be looking at other platforms as well.”
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon
- Former New York mayor Rudi Juliani to represent Activision in the Manuel Noriega Call of Duty: Black Ops II lawsuit
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4