Huge piracy for World of Goo
World of Goo may be wowing the critics and gamers alike, the innovative puzzler recently earning a WiiWare launch in Europe, but over on the PC those pesky pirates have been up to their old tricks again.
Yes, according to designer Ron Carmel, World of Goo has a 90% piracy rate. Ouch.
Apparently, Carmel and the team at 2DBoy have seen the game on Torrent sites with '500 seeders and 300 leechers', the developer also noting that they have been sent emails from those purchasing the game following illicit downloads (but only in small numbers, apparently).
Carmel is quick to assure that all is rosy in the World of Goo, however. "We’re doing okay, though. We’re getting good sales through WiiWare, Steam, and our website. Not going bankrupt just yet!"
Have you partaken, players?
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III