Huge piracy for World of Goo
World of Goo may be wowing the critics and gamers alike, the innovative puzzler recently earning a WiiWare launch in Europe, but over on the PC those pesky pirates have been up to their old tricks again.
Yes, according to designer Ron Carmel, World of Goo has a 90% piracy rate. Ouch.
Apparently, Carmel and the team at 2DBoy have seen the game on Torrent sites with '500 seeders and 300 leechers', the developer also noting that they have been sent emails from those purchasing the game following illicit downloads (but only in small numbers, apparently).
Carmel is quick to assure that all is rosy in the World of Goo, however. "We’re doing okay, though. We’re getting good sales through WiiWare, Steam, and our website. Not going bankrupt just yet!"
Have you partaken, players?
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year