Huge piracy for World of Goo
World of Goo may be wowing the critics and gamers alike, the innovative puzzler recently earning a WiiWare launch in Europe, but over on the PC those pesky pirates have been up to their old tricks again.
Yes, according to designer Ron Carmel, World of Goo has a 90% piracy rate. Ouch.
Apparently, Carmel and the team at 2DBoy have seen the game on Torrent sites with '500 seeders and 300 leechers', the developer also noting that they have been sent emails from those purchasing the game following illicit downloads (but only in small numbers, apparently).
Carmel is quick to assure that all is rosy in the World of Goo, however. "We’re doing okay, though. We’re getting good sales through WiiWare, Steam, and our website. Not going bankrupt just yet!"
Have you partaken, players?
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit