Huge piracy for World of Goo
World of Goo may be wowing the critics and gamers alike, the innovative puzzler recently earning a WiiWare launch in Europe, but over on the PC those pesky pirates have been up to their old tricks again.
Yes, according to designer Ron Carmel, World of Goo has a 90% piracy rate. Ouch.
Apparently, Carmel and the team at 2DBoy have seen the game on Torrent sites with '500 seeders and 300 leechers', the developer also noting that they have been sent emails from those purchasing the game following illicit downloads (but only in small numbers, apparently).
Carmel is quick to assure that all is rosy in the World of Goo, however. "We’re doing okay, though. We’re getting good sales through WiiWare, Steam, and our website. Not going bankrupt just yet!"
Have you partaken, players?
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter