Huge piracy for World of Goo
World of Goo may be wowing the critics and gamers alike, the innovative puzzler recently earning a WiiWare launch in Europe, but over on the PC those pesky pirates have been up to their old tricks again.
Yes, according to designer Ron Carmel, World of Goo has a 90% piracy rate. Ouch.
Apparently, Carmel and the team at 2DBoy have seen the game on Torrent sites with '500 seeders and 300 leechers', the developer also noting that they have been sent emails from those purchasing the game following illicit downloads (but only in small numbers, apparently).
Carmel is quick to assure that all is rosy in the World of Goo, however. "We’re doing okay, though. We’re getting good sales through WiiWare, Steam, and our website. Not going bankrupt just yet!"
Have you partaken, players?
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date