Microsoft to cut around 6000 jobs
Reports have emerged indicating that Microsoft will be axing somewhere in the region of 6000 jobs this week.
Many of the job cuts are direct fallout of the acquisition of Nokia culling staff where there is an overlap between the two firms. Microsoft's European HQ in Reading will also bear “significant” losses according to one anonymous source.
This is the biggest job cull that Microsoft has had since they slashed some 5800 jobs back in 2009. The Micrsoft head count currently sits at 127,104 staff employed globally.
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory