Microsoft to cut around 6000 jobs
Reports have emerged indicating that Microsoft will be axing somewhere in the region of 6000 jobs this week.
Many of the job cuts are direct fallout of the acquisition of Nokia culling staff where there is an overlap between the two firms. Microsoft's European HQ in Reading will also bear “significant” losses according to one anonymous source.
This is the biggest job cull that Microsoft has had since they slashed some 5800 jobs back in 2009. The Micrsoft head count currently sits at 127,104 staff employed globally.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent