Microsoft to cut around 6000 jobs
Reports have emerged indicating that Microsoft will be axing somewhere in the region of 6000 jobs this week.
Many of the job cuts are direct fallout of the acquisition of Nokia culling staff where there is an overlap between the two firms. Microsoft's European HQ in Reading will also bear “significant” losses according to one anonymous source.
This is the biggest job cull that Microsoft has had since they slashed some 5800 jobs back in 2009. The Micrsoft head count currently sits at 127,104 staff employed globally.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer