Microsoft to cut around 6000 jobs
Reports have emerged indicating that Microsoft will be axing somewhere in the region of 6000 jobs this week.
Many of the job cuts are direct fallout of the acquisition of Nokia culling staff where there is an overlap between the two firms. Microsoft's European HQ in Reading will also bear “significant” losses according to one anonymous source.
This is the biggest job cull that Microsoft has had since they slashed some 5800 jobs back in 2009. The Micrsoft head count currently sits at 127,104 staff employed globally.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May