Microsoft to cut around 6000 jobs
Reports have emerged indicating that Microsoft will be axing somewhere in the region of 6000 jobs this week.
Many of the job cuts are direct fallout of the acquisition of Nokia culling staff where there is an overlap between the two firms. Microsoft's European HQ in Reading will also bear “significant” losses according to one anonymous source.
This is the biggest job cull that Microsoft has had since they slashed some 5800 jobs back in 2009. The Micrsoft head count currently sits at 127,104 staff employed globally.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III