Rapid sales for Gears of War 2
Microsoft today reveal that Gears of War 2 has literally blown-away the competition, selling a whopping two million copies in its opening weekend on sale.
Epic's new action title is also proving a hit on Live, 1.5 million of the 2 million purchasers logging-on to duke out it out together over the weekend.
The game set records for simultaneous play on Live, we're told, while 19 million achievements have already been unlocked.
"We were so excited to launch Gears of War 2 on the same day all around the world, something virtually unheard of in the games business," beamed Cliff Bleszinski, design director.
"We wanted our fans, no matter where they live, to have a shared experience on day one, and that’s exactly what’s happened."
We rather liked it, too...
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title