Rapid sales for Gears of War 2
Microsoft today reveal that Gears of War 2 has literally blown-away the competition, selling a whopping two million copies in its opening weekend on sale.
Epic's new action title is also proving a hit on Live, 1.5 million of the 2 million purchasers logging-on to duke out it out together over the weekend.
The game set records for simultaneous play on Live, we're told, while 19 million achievements have already been unlocked.
"We were so excited to launch Gears of War 2 on the same day all around the world, something virtually unheard of in the games business," beamed Cliff Bleszinski, design director.
"We wanted our fans, no matter where they live, to have a shared experience on day one, and that’s exactly what’s happened."
We rather liked it, too...
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update