Rapid sales for Gears of War 2
Microsoft today reveal that Gears of War 2 has literally blown-away the competition, selling a whopping two million copies in its opening weekend on sale.
Epic's new action title is also proving a hit on Live, 1.5 million of the 2 million purchasers logging-on to duke out it out together over the weekend.
The game set records for simultaneous play on Live, we're told, while 19 million achievements have already been unlocked.
"We were so excited to launch Gears of War 2 on the same day all around the world, something virtually unheard of in the games business," beamed Cliff Bleszinski, design director.
"We wanted our fans, no matter where they live, to have a shared experience on day one, and that’s exactly what’s happened."
We rather liked it, too...
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO