Rapid sales for Gears of War 2
Microsoft today reveal that Gears of War 2 has literally blown-away the competition, selling a whopping two million copies in its opening weekend on sale.
Epic's new action title is also proving a hit on Live, 1.5 million of the 2 million purchasers logging-on to duke out it out together over the weekend.
The game set records for simultaneous play on Live, we're told, while 19 million achievements have already been unlocked.
"We were so excited to launch Gears of War 2 on the same day all around the world, something virtually unheard of in the games business," beamed Cliff Bleszinski, design director.
"We wanted our fans, no matter where they live, to have a shared experience on day one, and that’s exactly what’s happened."
We rather liked it, too...
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One