Rapid sales for Gears of War 2
Microsoft today reveal that Gears of War 2 has literally blown-away the competition, selling a whopping two million copies in its opening weekend on sale.
Epic's new action title is also proving a hit on Live, 1.5 million of the 2 million purchasers logging-on to duke out it out together over the weekend.
The game set records for simultaneous play on Live, we're told, while 19 million achievements have already been unlocked.
"We were so excited to launch Gears of War 2 on the same day all around the world, something virtually unheard of in the games business," beamed Cliff Bleszinski, design director.
"We wanted our fans, no matter where they live, to have a shared experience on day one, and that’s exactly what’s happened."
We rather liked it, too...
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year