Acti buy Budcat, new Guitar Hero titles mooted
US developer Budcat Creations today became another studio in Activision's burgeoning portfolio of developers. The company have previously created Wii and DS titles for the gigantic publisher.
Budcat has played a hand in the creation of several Guitar Hero games previously, and we hear the firm are now working on a secret new GH title.
"In addition to strengthening our development capabilities on the Nintendo platforms, this acquisition increases our Guitar Hero development resources as we continue to grow the franchise and expand our global leadership position in the music-based genre," beamed Acti suit Mike Griffith.
Senior Budcat staffers will remain at the firm, we hear, and we would of course rather like to know what precisely the studio is plotting of the Guitar Hero variety. More soon, we hope.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer