Acti buy Budcat, new Guitar Hero titles mooted
US developer Budcat Creations today became another studio in Activision's burgeoning portfolio of developers. The company have previously created Wii and DS titles for the gigantic publisher.
Budcat has played a hand in the creation of several Guitar Hero games previously, and we hear the firm are now working on a secret new GH title.
"In addition to strengthening our development capabilities on the Nintendo platforms, this acquisition increases our Guitar Hero development resources as we continue to grow the franchise and expand our global leadership position in the music-based genre," beamed Acti suit Mike Griffith.
Senior Budcat staffers will remain at the firm, we hear, and we would of course rather like to know what precisely the studio is plotting of the Guitar Hero variety. More soon, we hope.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free