Acti buy Budcat, new Guitar Hero titles mooted
US developer Budcat Creations today became another studio in Activision's burgeoning portfolio of developers. The company have previously created Wii and DS titles for the gigantic publisher.
Budcat has played a hand in the creation of several Guitar Hero games previously, and we hear the firm are now working on a secret new GH title.
"In addition to strengthening our development capabilities on the Nintendo platforms, this acquisition increases our Guitar Hero development resources as we continue to grow the franchise and expand our global leadership position in the music-based genre," beamed Acti suit Mike Griffith.
Senior Budcat staffers will remain at the firm, we hear, and we would of course rather like to know what precisely the studio is plotting of the Guitar Hero variety. More soon, we hope.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday