Acti buy Budcat, new Guitar Hero titles mooted
US developer Budcat Creations today became another studio in Activision's burgeoning portfolio of developers. The company have previously created Wii and DS titles for the gigantic publisher.
Budcat has played a hand in the creation of several Guitar Hero games previously, and we hear the firm are now working on a secret new GH title.
"In addition to strengthening our development capabilities on the Nintendo platforms, this acquisition increases our Guitar Hero development resources as we continue to grow the franchise and expand our global leadership position in the music-based genre," beamed Acti suit Mike Griffith.
Senior Budcat staffers will remain at the firm, we hear, and we would of course rather like to know what precisely the studio is plotting of the Guitar Hero variety. More soon, we hope.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold