Acti buy Budcat, new Guitar Hero titles mooted
US developer Budcat Creations today became another studio in Activision's burgeoning portfolio of developers. The company have previously created Wii and DS titles for the gigantic publisher.
Budcat has played a hand in the creation of several Guitar Hero games previously, and we hear the firm are now working on a secret new GH title.
"In addition to strengthening our development capabilities on the Nintendo platforms, this acquisition increases our Guitar Hero development resources as we continue to grow the franchise and expand our global leadership position in the music-based genre," beamed Acti suit Mike Griffith.
Senior Budcat staffers will remain at the firm, we hear, and we would of course rather like to know what precisely the studio is plotting of the Guitar Hero variety. More soon, we hope.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan