Maguire: PS3 is ready to lead
Sony's UK chief Ray Maguire has said this week that the PS3 is now starting to reach top-speed after a slow start, just as the competition is starting to wane.
Speaking to GI.biz, Maguire said that the PS3 has a long way to go still, but has more time than its rivals to achieve its goals.
"Yes, we might take a bit longer sometimes to bring a product to market, but when we do, we bring you the most powerful gaming platform ever to hit - and it will be something that will around for a very long time," Maguire enthused.
"It's nowhere near even halfway through its lifecycle, and I could argue that some other competing formats are on their way down right now."
While Sony acknowledge that progress has been slow, they're also keen to avoid rushing releases - Maguire citing the PS3's Home as an example of this.
Home will enter open beta this side of Christmas. More soon.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey