Infinity Ward strikes out at Activision producer
There seems to be more than a little internal tension between developer Infinity Ward, and their publisher Activision, Rob Bowling attacking World at War producer Noah Heller for comments made about previous titles in the hit series, including Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4.
In a new blog post, a clearly irate Bowling says that Heller's previous comments are "f**king wrong", and that Activision's man shouldn't be comparing Treyarch's new title to past releases.
"Can you guys please stop interviewing this guy, talk to someone who actually works on the Dev Team at Treyarch and knows what the fuck they're talking about. Not Senior Super Douche Noah Heller from Activision - who apparently has never played the game and doesn't even work at the developer," rails Bowling.
Heller had told CVG that "in the previous Call of Dutys it might take three or four shots from a bolt action rifle. We made sure that a single shot centre mass would kill that opponent because that's the expectation of the player."
Infinity Ward's spokesperson however takes issue with this: "WTF are you talking about?! 'In previous Call of Dutys blah blah blah'. First of all, you didn't work on 'previous Call of Dutys', so don't talk as if you're down with how / why things were designed the way they were. Second, you're completely f**king wrong."
Incredible. More soon, we suspect.
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergame
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense