Mirror's Edge nears
The first-person action genre isn't exactly short on talent this festive season, but the year's most original release could be just around the corner, in the shape of EA and DiCE's risky free-run 'em up, Mirror's Edge, which we learn today is now officially 'gold'.
Gold status means a final copy of the game has been burnt to disc, and is off to some vast complex somewhere for duplication en masse. The title will actually reach stores late next week, from what we hear.
Demos are already available on Live and PSN, and it will be interesting to see if this new title, which places the emphasis on movement; escape, rather than combat, can go toe-to-toe with all the other big action releases of the Christmas period.
We can't wait to find out.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto