Mirror's Edge nears
The first-person action genre isn't exactly short on talent this festive season, but the year's most original release could be just around the corner, in the shape of EA and DiCE's risky free-run 'em up, Mirror's Edge, which we learn today is now officially 'gold'.
Gold status means a final copy of the game has been burnt to disc, and is off to some vast complex somewhere for duplication en masse. The title will actually reach stores late next week, from what we hear.
Demos are already available on Live and PSN, and it will be interesting to see if this new title, which places the emphasis on movement; escape, rather than combat, can go toe-to-toe with all the other big action releases of the Christmas period.
We can't wait to find out.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release