Mirror's Edge nears
The first-person action genre isn't exactly short on talent this festive season, but the year's most original release could be just around the corner, in the shape of EA and DiCE's risky free-run 'em up, Mirror's Edge, which we learn today is now officially 'gold'.
Gold status means a final copy of the game has been burnt to disc, and is off to some vast complex somewhere for duplication en masse. The title will actually reach stores late next week, from what we hear.
Demos are already available on Live and PSN, and it will be interesting to see if this new title, which places the emphasis on movement; escape, rather than combat, can go toe-to-toe with all the other big action releases of the Christmas period.
We can't wait to find out.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer