Mirror's Edge nears
The first-person action genre isn't exactly short on talent this festive season, but the year's most original release could be just around the corner, in the shape of EA and DiCE's risky free-run 'em up, Mirror's Edge, which we learn today is now officially 'gold'.
Gold status means a final copy of the game has been burnt to disc, and is off to some vast complex somewhere for duplication en masse. The title will actually reach stores late next week, from what we hear.
Demos are already available on Live and PSN, and it will be interesting to see if this new title, which places the emphasis on movement; escape, rather than combat, can go toe-to-toe with all the other big action releases of the Christmas period.
We can't wait to find out.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3