Mirror's Edge nears
The first-person action genre isn't exactly short on talent this festive season, but the year's most original release could be just around the corner, in the shape of EA and DiCE's risky free-run 'em up, Mirror's Edge, which we learn today is now officially 'gold'.
Gold status means a final copy of the game has been burnt to disc, and is off to some vast complex somewhere for duplication en masse. The title will actually reach stores late next week, from what we hear.
Demos are already available on Live and PSN, and it will be interesting to see if this new title, which places the emphasis on movement; escape, rather than combat, can go toe-to-toe with all the other big action releases of the Christmas period.
We can't wait to find out.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey