CD Projekt RED: No plans to bring previous The Witcher games to PlayStation platforms
CD Projekt RED's Miles Tost has been talking down the possibility of The Witcher or The Witcher 2 on PlayStation platforms.
The Witcher was only ever released on the PC and The Witcher 2 only ever made it to the PC and Xbox 360 but the Polish studio has no plans to release the games on either the PS3 or the PS4 despite The Witcher 3 coming to PS4.
“At this particular moment in time, there are no plans to re-release previous Witcher games on the PlayStation,” Tost began. “We’re also a bit bummed that it took us so long to release a Witcher game on the PlayStation but we’re a quality-comes-first studio and releasing The Witcher 2 on three platforms was above our technical capabilities back then.”
He went on, “We chose Xbox because of the less complicated architecture (The Witcher 2 was our first console game). Things are different with the PlayStation 4. By the way, if you’re afraid that you won’t get what’s happening in the game without playing the first two games, you may stop worrying now–for newcomers, Wild Hunt will seem like a totally standalone game.”
There is a little bit of hope though for a collection of all three in the future but not before The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 have been released. Tost added, “Currently we’re focused on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077. Collections like that are a thing of the future, and I’d rather not discuss them now.”
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is due out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on February the 25th.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year