Bleszinski worried that gamers don't care about world
Gears of War 2 might be wowing the critics, but Epic's lead designer CliffyB - Cliff Bleszinski, if you prefer - is concerned that players don't really care too much about the worlds they play in.
"One of the problems with videogamers is that they don’t take the videogame worlds very seriously," Cliff tells Edge.
"It’s just like wink-wink, hey, it’s a videogame – whatever, right?"
So, with their less patient, less cerebral players in mind, Epic have - begrudgingly, it seems - included the option for players to skip through all conversation and narrative.
"If you really can’t deal with 30 seconds of dialogue, if it’s really that agonising for you, you can just hit the back button and Marcus will be like, ‘Enough!’ and you just keep going," he concludes.
We'll have a full review of Gears 2 for you very soon.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny