Bleszinski worried that gamers don't care about world
Gears of War 2 might be wowing the critics, but Epic's lead designer CliffyB - Cliff Bleszinski, if you prefer - is concerned that players don't really care too much about the worlds they play in.
"One of the problems with videogamers is that they don’t take the videogame worlds very seriously," Cliff tells Edge.
"It’s just like wink-wink, hey, it’s a videogame – whatever, right?"
So, with their less patient, less cerebral players in mind, Epic have - begrudgingly, it seems - included the option for players to skip through all conversation and narrative.
"If you really can’t deal with 30 seconds of dialogue, if it’s really that agonising for you, you can just hit the back button and Marcus will be like, ‘Enough!’ and you just keep going," he concludes.
We'll have a full review of Gears 2 for you very soon.
- Quan Chi revealed for the roster of Mortal Kombat X
- Star Citizen hits 55 million USD in funding and makes the Guinness Book Of World Records
- New PS Vita update brings in Themes
- The Last Team Standing update arrives for GTA Online
- Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign gets a new HD gameplay video
- Last chance to back card-collecting RPG Eminence: Xander's Tales on Kickstarter
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink