Bleszinski worried that gamers don't care about world
Gears of War 2 might be wowing the critics, but Epic's lead designer CliffyB - Cliff Bleszinski, if you prefer - is concerned that players don't really care too much about the worlds they play in.
"One of the problems with videogamers is that they don’t take the videogame worlds very seriously," Cliff tells Edge.
"It’s just like wink-wink, hey, it’s a videogame – whatever, right?"
So, with their less patient, less cerebral players in mind, Epic have - begrudgingly, it seems - included the option for players to skip through all conversation and narrative.
"If you really can’t deal with 30 seconds of dialogue, if it’s really that agonising for you, you can just hit the back button and Marcus will be like, ‘Enough!’ and you just keep going," he concludes.
We'll have a full review of Gears 2 for you very soon.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year