Codies push back Damnation
Codemasters have revealed today that new third-person action title Damnation has been pushed back into 2009, the Wild West-esque shooter had been due this Christmas, but the Codies have seemingly opted to negate the competition this time around.
"Damnation is being rescheduled for an early 2009 release," a Codemasters spokesperson told UK site Eurogamer.net.
"The game will be much stronger and better as a result, and will also give people time to get all the pre-holiday releases out the way - ready for the fresh (and vertical) gaming experience that Damnation offers."
Gears of War 2 has of course been attracting rave reviews, and it seems like a sensible move for Codemasters to avoid having to go up against this impressive new third-person adventure.
A debut in February 2009 is now expected.
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015
- The PS4 is just a bit more powerful says Metro Redux developer, short documentary on the collection arrives
- Saints Row devs, Volition to reveal their new project at PAX Prime
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement