Codies push back Damnation
Codemasters have revealed today that new third-person action title Damnation has been pushed back into 2009, the Wild West-esque shooter had been due this Christmas, but the Codies have seemingly opted to negate the competition this time around.
"Damnation is being rescheduled for an early 2009 release," a Codemasters spokesperson told UK site Eurogamer.net.
"The game will be much stronger and better as a result, and will also give people time to get all the pre-holiday releases out the way - ready for the fresh (and vertical) gaming experience that Damnation offers."
Gears of War 2 has of course been attracting rave reviews, and it seems like a sensible move for Codemasters to avoid having to go up against this impressive new third-person adventure.
A debut in February 2009 is now expected.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey