Codies push back Damnation
Codemasters have revealed today that new third-person action title Damnation has been pushed back into 2009, the Wild West-esque shooter had been due this Christmas, but the Codies have seemingly opted to negate the competition this time around.
"Damnation is being rescheduled for an early 2009 release," a Codemasters spokesperson told UK site Eurogamer.net.
"The game will be much stronger and better as a result, and will also give people time to get all the pre-holiday releases out the way - ready for the fresh (and vertical) gaming experience that Damnation offers."
Gears of War 2 has of course been attracting rave reviews, and it seems like a sensible move for Codemasters to avoid having to go up against this impressive new third-person adventure.
A debut in February 2009 is now expected.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date