Codies push back Damnation
Codemasters have revealed today that new third-person action title Damnation has been pushed back into 2009, the Wild West-esque shooter had been due this Christmas, but the Codies have seemingly opted to negate the competition this time around.
"Damnation is being rescheduled for an early 2009 release," a Codemasters spokesperson told UK site Eurogamer.net.
"The game will be much stronger and better as a result, and will also give people time to get all the pre-holiday releases out the way - ready for the fresh (and vertical) gaming experience that Damnation offers."
Gears of War 2 has of course been attracting rave reviews, and it seems like a sensible move for Codemasters to avoid having to go up against this impressive new third-person adventure.
A debut in February 2009 is now expected.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release