New Elder Scrolls for 2010?
With Fallout 3 set to arrive in Europe tomorrow, developer Bethesda are perhaps just starting to turn their attentions to the next project they will craft - with one exec suggesting a new Elder Scrolls game might arrive in 2010.
"At the moment we’ve got Fallout 3 for this year and potentially there’s a new Elder Scrolls title in 2010," revealed Bethesda publishing executive Paul Oughton, speaking to GI.biz.
"At the moment we’re not that interested in the Wii. We’re going to stick to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. We’ll continue to pursue three or four titles a year and go for big titles," he added on the firm's strategy.
Oblivion is of course still regarded by some as the quintessential next-gen console RPG, so this is very big news in some quarters.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3