New DOOM will be a complete reboot for the series
Bethesda has announced the first details of the new DOOM game along with the QuakeCon attendee-exclusive reveal of the game.
As a reboot, id's new DOOM will take the series back to basics. This means no health regeneration. Instead there will be old-school health and ammo pickups.
Of course, there will also be loads of cool weaponry like the DOOM II's double barrelled shotgun and the chainsaw and, taking a leaf out of Wolfenstein: The New Order, there will be dual wielding on just about every weapon.
DOOM is in development on PC, PS4 and Xbox One using the id Tech 6 game engine and id Software are aiming for the 1080p at 60fps visual gold standard across all platforms.
Thanks Attack of The Fanboy.
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game