New DOOM will be a complete reboot for the series
Bethesda has announced the first details of the new DOOM game along with the QuakeCon attendee-exclusive reveal of the game.
As a reboot, id's new DOOM will take the series back to basics. This means no health regeneration. Instead there will be old-school health and ammo pickups.
Of course, there will also be loads of cool weaponry like the DOOM II's double barrelled shotgun and the chainsaw and, taking a leaf out of Wolfenstein: The New Order, there will be dual wielding on just about every weapon.
DOOM is in development on PC, PS4 and Xbox One using the id Tech 6 game engine and id Software are aiming for the 1080p at 60fps visual gold standard across all platforms.
Thanks Attack of The Fanboy.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014