New DOOM will be a complete reboot for the series
Bethesda has announced the first details of the new DOOM game along with the QuakeCon attendee-exclusive reveal of the game.
As a reboot, id's new DOOM will take the series back to basics. This means no health regeneration. Instead there will be old-school health and ammo pickups.
Of course, there will also be loads of cool weaponry like the DOOM II's double barrelled shotgun and the chainsaw and, taking a leaf out of Wolfenstein: The New Order, there will be dual wielding on just about every weapon.
DOOM is in development on PC, PS4 and Xbox One using the id Tech 6 game engine and id Software are aiming for the 1080p at 60fps visual gold standard across all platforms.
Thanks Attack of The Fanboy.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though