New DOOM will be a complete reboot for the series
Bethesda has announced the first details of the new DOOM game along with the QuakeCon attendee-exclusive reveal of the game.
As a reboot, id's new DOOM will take the series back to basics. This means no health regeneration. Instead there will be old-school health and ammo pickups.
Of course, there will also be loads of cool weaponry like the DOOM II's double barrelled shotgun and the chainsaw and, taking a leaf out of Wolfenstein: The New Order, there will be dual wielding on just about every weapon.
DOOM is in development on PC, PS4 and Xbox One using the id Tech 6 game engine and id Software are aiming for the 1080p at 60fps visual gold standard across all platforms.
Thanks Attack of The Fanboy.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone