Crystal Dynamics consider Tomb Raider multiplayer
Tomb Raider: Legend didn't have a multiplayer mode, neither does upcoming release Tomb Raider: Underworld, but that doesn't mean Eidos and developer Crystal Dynamics haven't been thinking about it.
Speaking to this site in a new interview, creative director Eric Lindstrom admits that a multiplayer mode could be added in the future.
"We thought about it in Legend, we thought about it even harder for Underworld. Ultimately, we decided not to do it, not only because Lara is a solo operator - especially in this game - but we really wanted to focus in on a certain type of experience," Lindstrom explained.
"And that experience was all about adventure. It isn't out of the question, however, we consider this every time, and next time could be the one!"
A demo of Underworld is now available on Xbox Live.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer