Crystal Dynamics consider Tomb Raider multiplayer
Tomb Raider: Legend didn't have a multiplayer mode, neither does upcoming release Tomb Raider: Underworld, but that doesn't mean Eidos and developer Crystal Dynamics haven't been thinking about it.
Speaking to this site in a new interview, creative director Eric Lindstrom admits that a multiplayer mode could be added in the future.
"We thought about it in Legend, we thought about it even harder for Underworld. Ultimately, we decided not to do it, not only because Lara is a solo operator - especially in this game - but we really wanted to focus in on a certain type of experience," Lindstrom explained.
"And that experience was all about adventure. It isn't out of the question, however, we consider this every time, and next time could be the one!"
A demo of Underworld is now available on Xbox Live.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year