Crystal Dynamics consider Tomb Raider multiplayer
Tomb Raider: Legend didn't have a multiplayer mode, neither does upcoming release Tomb Raider: Underworld, but that doesn't mean Eidos and developer Crystal Dynamics haven't been thinking about it.
Speaking to this site in a new interview, creative director Eric Lindstrom admits that a multiplayer mode could be added in the future.
"We thought about it in Legend, we thought about it even harder for Underworld. Ultimately, we decided not to do it, not only because Lara is a solo operator - especially in this game - but we really wanted to focus in on a certain type of experience," Lindstrom explained.
"And that experience was all about adventure. It isn't out of the question, however, we consider this every time, and next time could be the one!"
A demo of Underworld is now available on Xbox Live.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May