Crystal Dynamics consider Tomb Raider multiplayer
Tomb Raider: Legend didn't have a multiplayer mode, neither does upcoming release Tomb Raider: Underworld, but that doesn't mean Eidos and developer Crystal Dynamics haven't been thinking about it.
Speaking to this site in a new interview, creative director Eric Lindstrom admits that a multiplayer mode could be added in the future.
"We thought about it in Legend, we thought about it even harder for Underworld. Ultimately, we decided not to do it, not only because Lara is a solo operator - especially in this game - but we really wanted to focus in on a certain type of experience," Lindstrom explained.
"And that experience was all about adventure. It isn't out of the question, however, we consider this every time, and next time could be the one!"
A demo of Underworld is now available on Xbox Live.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update