Games Convention and Gamescom face-off
Gamescom 2009, the Leipzig rivaling games expo being pulled together in Cologne by German trade body the BIU, has been moved to August, as the organisers look to head-off a challenge from rival expo Games Convention.
Based in former East Germany, Games Convention has been the most successful European show of the last three or four years, following the demise of London's ECTS, however, the BIU's new offering now poses a threat to GC's survival - especially with this change of date.
"Gamescom belongs to the entire industry and should enjoy as much acceptance as possible," offered BIU boss-man Klemens Kundratitz.
"This is why we took reservations voiced by the trade and a number of companies regarding scheduling the trade fair in September very seriously. The advantages and disadvantages of holding the trade fair in September were discussed in detail during a number of constructive discussions with industry participants."
August 19th to the 23rd it is; Leipzig beware.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too