Games Convention and Gamescom face-off
Gamescom 2009, the Leipzig rivaling games expo being pulled together in Cologne by German trade body the BIU, has been moved to August, as the organisers look to head-off a challenge from rival expo Games Convention.
Based in former East Germany, Games Convention has been the most successful European show of the last three or four years, following the demise of London's ECTS, however, the BIU's new offering now poses a threat to GC's survival - especially with this change of date.
"Gamescom belongs to the entire industry and should enjoy as much acceptance as possible," offered BIU boss-man Klemens Kundratitz.
"This is why we took reservations voiced by the trade and a number of companies regarding scheduling the trade fair in September very seriously. The advantages and disadvantages of holding the trade fair in September were discussed in detail during a number of constructive discussions with industry participants."
August 19th to the 23rd it is; Leipzig beware.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3