Games Convention and Gamescom face-off
Gamescom 2009, the Leipzig rivaling games expo being pulled together in Cologne by German trade body the BIU, has been moved to August, as the organisers look to head-off a challenge from rival expo Games Convention.
Based in former East Germany, Games Convention has been the most successful European show of the last three or four years, following the demise of London's ECTS, however, the BIU's new offering now poses a threat to GC's survival - especially with this change of date.
"Gamescom belongs to the entire industry and should enjoy as much acceptance as possible," offered BIU boss-man Klemens Kundratitz.
"This is why we took reservations voiced by the trade and a number of companies regarding scheduling the trade fair in September very seriously. The advantages and disadvantages of holding the trade fair in September were discussed in detail during a number of constructive discussions with industry participants."
August 19th to the 23rd it is; Leipzig beware.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey