Fallout 3 set for Steam debut
Word in from Valve Software marketing big wig Doug Lombardi today reveals that Fallout 3 is available for pre-order on the firm's PC content delivery platform Steam.
While Valve are of course the developer behind big-hitters like Half-Life and Counter-Strike, the Steam publishing platform is now very big with third-parties looking to sell their wares on the PC, too.
So, it is little surprise then that Bethesda have opted to release their big-name RPG on Steam as well. This from Gabe Newell: "Fallout 3 is one of the most important PC launches of 2008.
"Last year, we were able to deliver major releases such as Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 to the millions of gamers connected to Steam. With Fallout 3 added to the line up of great titles coming to Steam, this year promises to be an even better holiday season for Steam gamers."
More Fallout 3 very soon.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine