Fallout 3 set for Steam debut
Word in from Valve Software marketing big wig Doug Lombardi today reveals that Fallout 3 is available for pre-order on the firm's PC content delivery platform Steam.
While Valve are of course the developer behind big-hitters like Half-Life and Counter-Strike, the Steam publishing platform is now very big with third-parties looking to sell their wares on the PC, too.
So, it is little surprise then that Bethesda have opted to release their big-name RPG on Steam as well. This from Gabe Newell: "Fallout 3 is one of the most important PC launches of 2008.
"Last year, we were able to deliver major releases such as Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 to the millions of gamers connected to Steam. With Fallout 3 added to the line up of great titles coming to Steam, this year promises to be an even better holiday season for Steam gamers."
More Fallout 3 very soon.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes