Fallout 3 set for Steam debut
Word in from Valve Software marketing big wig Doug Lombardi today reveals that Fallout 3 is available for pre-order on the firm's PC content delivery platform Steam.
While Valve are of course the developer behind big-hitters like Half-Life and Counter-Strike, the Steam publishing platform is now very big with third-parties looking to sell their wares on the PC, too.
So, it is little surprise then that Bethesda have opted to release their big-name RPG on Steam as well. This from Gabe Newell: "Fallout 3 is one of the most important PC launches of 2008.
"Last year, we were able to deliver major releases such as Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 to the millions of gamers connected to Steam. With Fallout 3 added to the line up of great titles coming to Steam, this year promises to be an even better holiday season for Steam gamers."
More Fallout 3 very soon.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter