Fallout 3 set for Steam debut
Word in from Valve Software marketing big wig Doug Lombardi today reveals that Fallout 3 is available for pre-order on the firm's PC content delivery platform Steam.
While Valve are of course the developer behind big-hitters like Half-Life and Counter-Strike, the Steam publishing platform is now very big with third-parties looking to sell their wares on the PC, too.
So, it is little surprise then that Bethesda have opted to release their big-name RPG on Steam as well. This from Gabe Newell: "Fallout 3 is one of the most important PC launches of 2008.
"Last year, we were able to deliver major releases such as Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 to the millions of gamers connected to Steam. With Fallout 3 added to the line up of great titles coming to Steam, this year promises to be an even better holiday season for Steam gamers."
More Fallout 3 very soon.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave