Volition on a hiring spree can only mean one thing - Saints Row 5
It looks like Volition is gearing up for full production on a new title as they are adding around 100 staff to their development team.
The new hires will raise their staff count from 200 to 300 in-house which can only mean that they are gearing up for full production on something big. Given the success of Saints Row IV it would be a pretty safe bet that that big project is Saints Row 5.
The studio is also looking spend around 200,000 USD on remodelling their heaedquarters in Champaign, Illinois and has applied for financial assistance from the local government in order to get it done.
Should their application be successful they'll receive money towards the cost of the remodelling and 1000 USD for every new staff member they hire.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer