Devs are calling for and ID@Xbox early access programme says Microsoft
Microsoft's head of ID@Xbox Chris Chara has indicated that developers are asking for them to implement some kind of early access programme similar to the one that Valve runs on Steam.
Chara has indicated that they have been asked about setting up a similar initiative on Xbox Live but they have nothing to announce on that front for either Xbox One or Xbox 360 right now.
"Right now on Xbox One and Xbox 360, you can do betas. A lot of games do, and some games do private betas," he explained. "When we talk about early access, it typically means a game that you buy and it evolves over time to become 1.0, so you're buying it before it's 1.0 – Minecraft on PC is a perfect example.”
Chara added, "It's something developers have been asking for, and we are listening really closely to developers, but I don't have anything to announce on that right now."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree