Devs are calling for and ID@Xbox early access programme says Microsoft
Microsoft's head of ID@Xbox Chris Chara has indicated that developers are asking for them to implement some kind of early access programme similar to the one that Valve runs on Steam.
Chara has indicated that they have been asked about setting up a similar initiative on Xbox Live but they have nothing to announce on that front for either Xbox One or Xbox 360 right now.
"Right now on Xbox One and Xbox 360, you can do betas. A lot of games do, and some games do private betas," he explained. "When we talk about early access, it typically means a game that you buy and it evolves over time to become 1.0, so you're buying it before it's 1.0 – Minecraft on PC is a perfect example.”
Chara added, "It's something developers have been asking for, and we are listening really closely to developers, but I don't have anything to announce on that right now."
Thanks Develop Online.
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam