Devs are calling for and ID@Xbox early access programme says Microsoft
Microsoft's head of ID@Xbox Chris Chara has indicated that developers are asking for them to implement some kind of early access programme similar to the one that Valve runs on Steam.
Chara has indicated that they have been asked about setting up a similar initiative on Xbox Live but they have nothing to announce on that front for either Xbox One or Xbox 360 right now.
"Right now on Xbox One and Xbox 360, you can do betas. A lot of games do, and some games do private betas," he explained. "When we talk about early access, it typically means a game that you buy and it evolves over time to become 1.0, so you're buying it before it's 1.0 – Minecraft on PC is a perfect example.”
Chara added, "It's something developers have been asking for, and we are listening really closely to developers, but I don't have anything to announce on that right now."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III