Devs are calling for and ID@Xbox early access programme says Microsoft
Microsoft's head of ID@Xbox Chris Chara has indicated that developers are asking for them to implement some kind of early access programme similar to the one that Valve runs on Steam.
Chara has indicated that they have been asked about setting up a similar initiative on Xbox Live but they have nothing to announce on that front for either Xbox One or Xbox 360 right now.
"Right now on Xbox One and Xbox 360, you can do betas. A lot of games do, and some games do private betas," he explained. "When we talk about early access, it typically means a game that you buy and it evolves over time to become 1.0, so you're buying it before it's 1.0 – Minecraft on PC is a perfect example.”
Chara added, "It's something developers have been asking for, and we are listening really closely to developers, but I don't have anything to announce on that right now."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update