Saints Row 2 encourages "depravity"
In an interview with the New York Daily News, the NYPD union's chief Patrick Lynch has voiced his concern over controversy-courting new release Saints Row 2. As you may recall, the first SR game caused a similar stir at launch.
"Horrible and violent video games desensitize young people to violence while encouraging depravity, immorality while glorifying criminal behavior," Lynch told the paper.
We'll have a review shortly, while the game itself is due out this Friday in Europe. This probably won't be the last time THQ's sandbox gangster action game is mooted in a negative light. More soon.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today