Saints Row 2 encourages "depravity"
In an interview with the New York Daily News, the NYPD union's chief Patrick Lynch has voiced his concern over controversy-courting new release Saints Row 2. As you may recall, the first SR game caused a similar stir at launch.
"Horrible and violent video games desensitize young people to violence while encouraging depravity, immorality while glorifying criminal behavior," Lynch told the paper.
We'll have a review shortly, while the game itself is due out this Friday in Europe. This probably won't be the last time THQ's sandbox gangster action game is mooted in a negative light. More soon.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey