Saints Row 2 encourages "depravity"
In an interview with the New York Daily News, the NYPD union's chief Patrick Lynch has voiced his concern over controversy-courting new release Saints Row 2. As you may recall, the first SR game caused a similar stir at launch.
"Horrible and violent video games desensitize young people to violence while encouraging depravity, immorality while glorifying criminal behavior," Lynch told the paper.
We'll have a review shortly, while the game itself is due out this Friday in Europe. This probably won't be the last time THQ's sandbox gangster action game is mooted in a negative light. More soon.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree