Saints Row 2 encourages "depravity"
In an interview with the New York Daily News, the NYPD union's chief Patrick Lynch has voiced his concern over controversy-courting new release Saints Row 2. As you may recall, the first SR game caused a similar stir at launch.
"Horrible and violent video games desensitize young people to violence while encouraging depravity, immorality while glorifying criminal behavior," Lynch told the paper.
We'll have a review shortly, while the game itself is due out this Friday in Europe. This probably won't be the last time THQ's sandbox gangster action game is mooted in a negative light. More soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3