EA Sports focus on quality
Apparently, EA Sports' Metacritic average is up by some 4% year-on-year and this, we're told, is a very good thing. It also shows that new(ish) EA Sports big wig Peter Moore is getting where he wants to be in the quality stakes, we hear.
"Our laser-focus on innovation is paying off and we’ve gained a great deal of momentum over the past 12 months," beamed Peter Moore, President of the EA Sports label.
"EA Sports has delivered the top two highest-rated sports games of the current console generation in the past month – NHL 09 and FIFA 09. Critics are taking notice of the innovation we’re delivering to capture our core audience and captivate the masses with more approachable gameplay."
FIFA 09 is certainly a remarkable achievement, and even legendary Pro Evo designer 'Seabass' admitted recently that he would relish the chance to work with EA's game engine.
Peter Moore arrived at EA with a mandate to improve the standard of the firm's sports games, something he seems to be achieving with the publisher's Christmas releases.
John Riccitiello will also no doubt be pleased. He rather likes Metacritic, we believe...
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year