Blizzard discuss next MMO
We've known for some time that Blizzard are hard at work on a brand new, top-secret MMO project, and World of Warcraft director Jeffrey Kaplan has told MTV that he is involved in the new game.
The new 'next-gen' MMO remains very much under wraps, but Kaplan did say the secret of World of Warcraft's success is in part down to the art style.
"A lot of it has to do with art style, too," Kaplan offered.
"Are you going for realism or an inviting world? And once you learn those lessons, I think any type of [intellectual property] can survive. I’m shocked we haven’t seen more sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic, historical MMOs; there’s all these completely different fantasy settings beyond the traditional high fantasy ones."
Kaplan wouldn't be drawn on the setting of Blizzard's new MMO, however.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone