Blizzard discuss next MMO
We've known for some time that Blizzard are hard at work on a brand new, top-secret MMO project, and World of Warcraft director Jeffrey Kaplan has told MTV that he is involved in the new game.
The new 'next-gen' MMO remains very much under wraps, but Kaplan did say the secret of World of Warcraft's success is in part down to the art style.
"A lot of it has to do with art style, too," Kaplan offered.
"Are you going for realism or an inviting world? And once you learn those lessons, I think any type of [intellectual property] can survive. I’m shocked we haven’t seen more sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic, historical MMOs; there’s all these completely different fantasy settings beyond the traditional high fantasy ones."
Kaplan wouldn't be drawn on the setting of Blizzard's new MMO, however.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter