Blizzard discuss next MMO
We've known for some time that Blizzard are hard at work on a brand new, top-secret MMO project, and World of Warcraft director Jeffrey Kaplan has told MTV that he is involved in the new game.
The new 'next-gen' MMO remains very much under wraps, but Kaplan did say the secret of World of Warcraft's success is in part down to the art style.
"A lot of it has to do with art style, too," Kaplan offered.
"Are you going for realism or an inviting world? And once you learn those lessons, I think any type of [intellectual property] can survive. I’m shocked we haven’t seen more sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic, historical MMOs; there’s all these completely different fantasy settings beyond the traditional high fantasy ones."
Kaplan wouldn't be drawn on the setting of Blizzard's new MMO, however.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year