Blizzard discuss next MMO
We've known for some time that Blizzard are hard at work on a brand new, top-secret MMO project, and World of Warcraft director Jeffrey Kaplan has told MTV that he is involved in the new game.
The new 'next-gen' MMO remains very much under wraps, but Kaplan did say the secret of World of Warcraft's success is in part down to the art style.
"A lot of it has to do with art style, too," Kaplan offered.
"Are you going for realism or an inviting world? And once you learn those lessons, I think any type of [intellectual property] can survive. I’m shocked we haven’t seen more sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic, historical MMOs; there’s all these completely different fantasy settings beyond the traditional high fantasy ones."
Kaplan wouldn't be drawn on the setting of Blizzard's new MMO, however.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One