Blizzard discuss next MMO
We've known for some time that Blizzard are hard at work on a brand new, top-secret MMO project, and World of Warcraft director Jeffrey Kaplan has told MTV that he is involved in the new game.
The new 'next-gen' MMO remains very much under wraps, but Kaplan did say the secret of World of Warcraft's success is in part down to the art style.
"A lot of it has to do with art style, too," Kaplan offered.
"Are you going for realism or an inviting world? And once you learn those lessons, I think any type of [intellectual property] can survive. I’m shocked we haven’t seen more sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic, historical MMOs; there’s all these completely different fantasy settings beyond the traditional high fantasy ones."
Kaplan wouldn't be drawn on the setting of Blizzard's new MMO, however.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year