Spore getting space expansion
We already knew that EA's sandbox-simulation game Spore was getting a new add-on this November, extending the creature creation part of the game through the Creepy & Cute parts pack.
Speaking with blog Joystiq, the publisher has now also let slip that a new 'Space phase' expansion pack is on the way for the title - we hear it'll arrive in spring 2009.
In the expansion, players' creatures are able to beam down from spaceships to explore newly discovered planets; with new challenges and special missions introduced.
We also hear talk of a new Adventure Creator tool, which well let people create and share their own mission ideas.
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World