Spore getting space expansion
We already knew that EA's sandbox-simulation game Spore was getting a new add-on this November, extending the creature creation part of the game through the Creepy & Cute parts pack.
Speaking with blog Joystiq, the publisher has now also let slip that a new 'Space phase' expansion pack is on the way for the title - we hear it'll arrive in spring 2009.
In the expansion, players' creatures are able to beam down from spaceships to explore newly discovered planets; with new challenges and special missions introduced.
We also hear talk of a new Adventure Creator tool, which well let people create and share their own mission ideas.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3