Spore getting space expansion
We already knew that EA's sandbox-simulation game Spore was getting a new add-on this November, extending the creature creation part of the game through the Creepy & Cute parts pack.
Speaking with blog Joystiq, the publisher has now also let slip that a new 'Space phase' expansion pack is on the way for the title - we hear it'll arrive in spring 2009.
In the expansion, players' creatures are able to beam down from spaceships to explore newly discovered planets; with new challenges and special missions introduced.
We also hear talk of a new Adventure Creator tool, which well let people create and share their own mission ideas.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer