Resistance 2 will work with PSP version
Insomniac's new PS3 FPS Resistance 2 will function alongside the PSP release Resistance: Retribution, Sony have confirmed.
The official US PlayStation blog confirms that the PS3 release will unlock a new Infected game mode in Resistance: Retribution, which will apparently see character Grayson infected with the Chimera virus which turns him into a Specter.
As a Specter, he can breathe under water and has regenerating health. Grayson will also get a new gun from Resistance 2 to use, and you can unlock the mode by connecting the PSP to the PS3 via USB - then selecting the 'Infect my PSP' option from within Resistance 2.
PSP Plus is the other feature, which allows Resistance: Retribution to be controlled by the PS3's DualShock 3.
The PSP's Resistance will be out next spring, while Resistance 2 for the PS3 is out in November. We'll keep you posted.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims