Resistance 2 will work with PSP version
Insomniac's new PS3 FPS Resistance 2 will function alongside the PSP release Resistance: Retribution, Sony have confirmed.
The official US PlayStation blog confirms that the PS3 release will unlock a new Infected game mode in Resistance: Retribution, which will apparently see character Grayson infected with the Chimera virus which turns him into a Specter.
As a Specter, he can breathe under water and has regenerating health. Grayson will also get a new gun from Resistance 2 to use, and you can unlock the mode by connecting the PSP to the PS3 via USB - then selecting the 'Infect my PSP' option from within Resistance 2.
PSP Plus is the other feature, which allows Resistance: Retribution to be controlled by the PS3's DualShock 3.
The PSP's Resistance will be out next spring, while Resistance 2 for the PS3 is out in November. We'll keep you posted.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3