Resistance 2 will work with PSP version
Insomniac's new PS3 FPS Resistance 2 will function alongside the PSP release Resistance: Retribution, Sony have confirmed.
The official US PlayStation blog confirms that the PS3 release will unlock a new Infected game mode in Resistance: Retribution, which will apparently see character Grayson infected with the Chimera virus which turns him into a Specter.
As a Specter, he can breathe under water and has regenerating health. Grayson will also get a new gun from Resistance 2 to use, and you can unlock the mode by connecting the PSP to the PS3 via USB - then selecting the 'Infect my PSP' option from within Resistance 2.
PSP Plus is the other feature, which allows Resistance: Retribution to be controlled by the PS3's DualShock 3.
The PSP's Resistance will be out next spring, while Resistance 2 for the PS3 is out in November. We'll keep you posted.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch