Resistance 2 will work with PSP version
Insomniac's new PS3 FPS Resistance 2 will function alongside the PSP release Resistance: Retribution, Sony have confirmed.
The official US PlayStation blog confirms that the PS3 release will unlock a new Infected game mode in Resistance: Retribution, which will apparently see character Grayson infected with the Chimera virus which turns him into a Specter.
As a Specter, he can breathe under water and has regenerating health. Grayson will also get a new gun from Resistance 2 to use, and you can unlock the mode by connecting the PSP to the PS3 via USB - then selecting the 'Infect my PSP' option from within Resistance 2.
PSP Plus is the other feature, which allows Resistance: Retribution to be controlled by the PS3's DualShock 3.
The PSP's Resistance will be out next spring, while Resistance 2 for the PS3 is out in November. We'll keep you posted.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release