Fable 2 online co-op will be ready
British developer Lionhead have confirmed that the online co-op mode excluded from the final retail release of Fable 2 is now ready and will be delivered in the form of a day one patch for the game.
Forums inevitably got rather cross when big cheese Peter Molyneux originally hinted that the feature was being held back for further development, but it now appears that this was a storm in a teacup with work nearly complete.
"Remember a couple of days ago (or was it a week) where on a blog it was mentioned that Fable II would be shipping ‘without’ Online Co-op? And remember we said we were busting our balls to get it ready in time for a ‘Day One’ release? Well, good news folks! It looks like we’ve done it," read an update on the studio's blog.
More Fable 2 soon.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week